At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Paris, Luxembourg and London. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Database administrator to join our Database Engineering team in the Platform universe, to help evolve our database engineering practice.
We’re looking for DBAs who are passionate and enthusiastic database people at heart.
As a team, we’re responsible for architecting, designing, building, and operating database and data services we provide the rest of engineering and the company. We’re also responsible for operating our databases, and being on-call for the things we own and run.
We're investing a lot in modernizing our data platforms and moving to a more sustainable architecture. Help us build a state-of-the-art database architecture and platform to power the future’s biggest brands.
At MangoPay you will get to work with a lot of exciting new technology.
We have an agnostic approach to how do things, but the below would be a big part of your world here at Mangopay:
- SQL Server and its cluster anatomy
- Postgres and its cluster anatomy
- BAU tasks, monitoring, troubleshooting etc
- Design reviews for data changes
- Data architecture
- Database performance engineering
- Disaster recovery for databases
- AWS Cloud and Data cloud technologies
- AWS Data tooling (DMS, Glue, etc)
What will you be responsible for?
- Designing and implementing data tooling and automation for ongoing lifecycle database processes
- Participating in architecture and designing reviews to ensure that our systems are scalable, reliable, and secure. You will be working with other engineers to make sure that our systems are designed and built for the long term
- Building, maintaining and continuously improving our monitoring, alerting, and logging systems. This includes setting up new tools and constantly finding ways to improve our existing ones
- Identifying and troubleshooting production issues and provide quick resolution. You will be responsible for identifying problems and finding solutions, as well as working with other teams to ensure that they are resolved quickly
- Collaborating with development teams to ensure that our systems are designed and built for reliability and scalability. You will be working with other teams to make sure that our systems are designed and built to be robust and scalable
- Monitoring and reporting on system performance and availability. You will be responsible for monitoring our systems to ensure that they are performing well and are available to our users
- Mentoring and training other engineers on database best practices
What do we expect from you?
- Strong and proven experience with database technologies and cluster technologies. Primarily SQL-Server. Postgres is a strong plus
- Strong and proven experience in disaster recovery methods, failover / failback in production under live heavy load, and overall maintenance of clusters health
- Strong operational experience maintaining database systems, migrations, transformations, optimisations, sharding and partitioning
- Strong and proven experience designing and implementing database and schemas, using normalisation methods while adhering to best practices
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Redgate and/or similar. You should have experience with one or more of these tools and understand how to use them to monitor and manage database systems
- Structured and systematic approach to automation, with strong appetite to automate when and where required to simplify ongoing manual tasks and to increase system reliability
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment. You should be comfortable working in a team environment and have excellent communication skills
- HR call
- 30 minutes conversation with the Manager
- 2h technical interview with the Manager and Lead DBA
- 15-20 minutes conversation with CTO or VP of Platform Universe
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.