At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Berlin, Dublin, Luxembourg, London, Madrid, Paris, and Warsaw. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
We are opening a position for a legal counsel within the team Regulatory & Payment Operations of our Legal department. Your main mission will be to ensure that our services and our products are duly framed, especially regarding EU/EEA and UK regulations pertaining to payment services and electronic money issuance.
We are looking for a legal counsel with a background in banking and payment regulation and with a strong appetite for digital and product-related matters. Previous experience in the fintech field is a plus but we are open to all profiles!
By joining our team, you’ll experience the challenges of being part of a legal department truly involved in the growth of a company and you will have the opportunity to tackle various challenges in the payment field.
What will you be responsible for?
- Assisting product department to advise and give recommendation to regulatory compliance of the new products and services proposed by Mangopay with the applicable EU and UK regulations applicable to payment and e-money services
- Participating to RFI/RFPs and workshops with our strategic prospects to build a tailor-made offer
- Analyzing new projects to ensure compliance with the legal framework applicable to payment services and payment schemes
- Supervising our partnerships with our banking and third party payment services providers (including negotiating agreements and review terms and conditions).
- Liaising with supervisory authorities in the context of our supervision
- Monitoring new regulation (including upcoming PSD3/PSR developments) and provide full support to other teams regarding our prudential obligations
- Working with external legal counsels in various jurisdictions to ensure compliance of our activities on an European level
Your work environment:
- In the legal team: you will be part of a team strongly committed to the growth of the company and convinced that the laws and regulations are a leverage. We also truly value human relationships within the team and in the workplace in general
- In the company: you will work closely with the other teams, and in particular compliance, product, payment operations and commercial teams, that are based all over Europe
- Location: Paris (remote work in France is an option), London, Berlin, Madrid, Dublin, Warsaw
What do we expect from you?
Expertise and experience:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant legal experience in the payments industry
- Strong knowledge of online payments and the legal framework relevant to payments or financial services and payment services provider is a minimum requirement
- Good knowledge of applicable AML/CTF regulation , crowdfunding regulation and upcoming EU crypto-asset regulation (MiCAR) would be an asset
- Fluency in English is needed, French commande will be appreciated. Any other EU language will be an asset
- International experience will be valued
Excellent at analyzing: You love diving into the regulation and performing complex analysis to identify strategy-oriented and growth levers
Problem solver: You have a business-oriented mindset, solving complex problems. You can take an interest in any subject, understand the issues and propose solutions
Empathic: Understand business and team issues and position yourself as a true partner and enabler
Hands-on: You take initiatives, you are not afraid to do it yourself based on priorities and results
- HR Call
- 1st Interview with our Lead Counsel Regulatory (your future manager)
- 2nd interview with our VP Legal
- 3rd interview with Product Manager
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.