At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Paris, Luxembourg and London. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
We're looking for a talented, driven and hungry Engineering Manager to join our growing team who can collaborate and help define the vision of the product and the company. You will be responsible for managing a team of developers building APIs and microservices for our payments platform.
What will you be responsible for?
- Hands-on architecting, reviewing and writing code
- Educating the team on card payments
- Coordinating with product managers (technical breakdown of tasks, prioritisation and delivery)
- Taking a hands-on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
- Ensuring consistent implementation against existing architecture principles as well as improving and defining new principles
- Managing a squad: 1:1, skills development, setting goals
- Recruiting Developers & QA Engineers to build your team
- Working with other managers and teams across functions to manage dependacies and delivery
- Implementing and improving our working methodology
- Manage production releases for your team's features
- Resourcing and planning
- Ensuring the team adheres to best practices for monitoring and alerting
What do we expect from you?
- 7+ years experience as Engineering Manager
- A deep knowledge of cards payments is a must
- Experience developing large scale highly available backend services
- Proactive in problem solving
- Demonstrates a genuine passion for managing within a technology-driven setting
- Thrives in a collaborative, agile environment and possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Excels at tackling intricate problems and generates innovative solutions
- Derives satisfaction from organizing and planning tasks effectively
- Takes pride in delivering top-notch, thoroughly tested code, while advocating for best practices such as TDD, peer programming, and software craftsmanship
- Maintains a constant curiosity for staying updated on technological advancements
- Strives to provide our customers with the utmost user experience
Ideally if you have experience in some of the following key technologies:
- Experience with Micronaut (or Sprint), Java 11 and above, RxJava 2, JUnit 5, Spock, Postman, Docker, AWS, Design patterns
- An understanding on microservices architecture and principles
- The ability to create unit tests and functional tests
- Databases and scaling
- Redis and caching principles
- Kafka and messaging platforms
- REST and GraphQL APIs
- An understanding of GraphQL and REST APIs
- Experience with Postman
- Familiarity with the CI/CD concept
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.