At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Paris, Luxembourg and London. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
Reporting directly to our Lead Office Manager, your main mission will be to pro-actively support the day to day delivery of all facility management related functions and when needed, also covering the running of the Reception and the associated services, as well as the first point of contact for Suppliers, Customers and office employees.
- Ensure a safe and engaging environment for our colleagues and Client through identifying risks during regular site inspections which will be recorded and documented (site inspection audit report)
- Manage daily maintenance and repairs (preventive and corrective)
- Keep the site clean and tidy, ensure all escape ways are unobstructed and all material and goods are stored as per instruction at the assigned place, respecting safety recommendations for storing
- Maintain knowledge of all current building systems, processes, administrative documentations (related to the security commission), as well as policies and procedures.
- Take initiative in daily tasks, have a pro-active attitude
- Develop, maintain, educate, and train on facilities processes and documentations, while continuously striving for increased efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Assistance in organization and set up for corporate and Customers events
- Daily mail management (incoming/outgoing)
What we would love you to bring with you:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position
- You are familiar with building regulations (“Code du travail”)
- Team player attitude
- You are familiar with renovation techniques and daily building maintenance
- Dynamic and efficient, you are recognized for your interpersonal and organizational skills
- French and English fluency
- Strong MS-office skills
- HR Call
- 1st Interview with Lead Office Manager
- Final interview with Chief People Officer
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.