At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Berlin, Dublin, Luxembourg, London, Madrid, Paris, and Warsaw. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
We’re currently looking for a Senior SRE (Performance Engineering) to join our Platform team. We’re looking for engineers who are software engineers at heart - you are as comfortable writing software to solve problems as you are operating AWS or Kubernetes.
If you’re an engineer with a good cloud infrastructure background, and you’re eager to elevate your experience with systems, tooling, and libraries, this could be the role for you. As a team, we’re responsible for designing, building, and operating the services we consume from AWS, along with the software we run on top like Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, PostgreSQL, and more. We’re also responsible for operating our network and being on-call for the things we own and run.
To achieve this, we’re organised into three teams within the Platform Universe; Platform Engineering, Data Engineering, and Operations. Each squad is responsible for solving a specific set of problems for our customers and our engineers. We’re looking for engineers who are interested in joining our platform engineering universe, to help ensure that our systems and applications perform optimally, meeting the highest standards of reliability and efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define performance requirements and objectives for applications and systems.
- Design and implement performance test strategies, including load testing, stress testing, and scalability testing.
- Develop, execute, and analyze performance tests to identify performance bottlenecks and areas for improvement.
- Create performance test plans, test scripts, and test data to simulate real-world scenarios.
- Utilize performance monitoring tools to collect and analyze data from production environments.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues and work with development teams to implement performance optimizations.
- Automate performance testing and monitoring processes to ensure continuous performance evaluation.
- Provide recommendations and guidance to improve application and system performance.
- Contribute to the development of performance testing frameworks and tools.
- Design and implement automation tools and frameworks to streamline our operations and deployment processes. This will involve creating new tools as well as improving existing ones.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews to ensure that our systems are scalable, reliable, and secure. You will be working with other engineers to make sure that our systems are designed and built for the long term.
- Identify and troubleshoot production issues and provide quick resolution. You will be responsible for identifying problems and finding solutions, as well as working with other teams to ensure that they are resolved quickly.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure that our systems are designed and built for reliability and scalability. You will be working with other teams to make sure that our systems are designed and built to be robust and scalable.
- Monitor and report on system performance and availability. You will be responsible for monitoring our systems to ensure that they are performing well and are available to our users.
Nice To have:
- Experience in Rust
- Experience working in a scale up organization
- Strong experience with at least 2 of the following programming languages - C#, Java, or Python.
- Extensive Experience working with software teams
- Strong experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS). You should have a deep understanding of AWS services and how to use them effectively.
- Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Grafana, ELK stack, DataDog, Splunk, and others.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools such as GitLab, or CircleCI.
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.