At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Berlin, Dublin, Luxembourg, London, Madrid, Paris, and Warsaw. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
We are opening a position to lead the Regulatory team of our Legal department. Your main mission will be to ensure that our services and our products are duly framed, especially regarding EU/EEA and UK regulations pertaining to payment services and electronic money issuance.
We are looking for a legal counsel with a background in banking and payment regulation and with a strong appetite for digital and product-related matters.
By joining our team, you’ll experience the challenges of being part of a legal department truly involved in the growth of a company and you will have the opportunity to tackle various challenges in the payment field.
- Lead the Regulatory team of the Legal department
- Collaborate with our product and tech departments to design the new products and services proposed by Mangopay in light of the applicable EU and UK regulations applicable to payment and e-money services.
- Liaise with supervisory authorities in the context of our supervision.
- Participate to RFI/RFPs and workshops with our strategic prospects to build a tailor-made offer;
- Analyze new projects to ensure compliance with the legal framework applicable to payment services and payment schemes;
- Supervise our partnerships with our banking and third party payment services providers (including negotiating agreements and review terms and conditions).
- Monitor new regulation (including upcoming PSD3/PSR developments) and provide full support to other teams regarding our prudential obligations.
- Work with external legal counsels in various jurisdictions to ensure compliance of our activities on an European level.
Your work environment :
- In the legal team: you will be part of a team strongly committed to the growth of the company and convinced that the laws and regulations are a leverage. We also truly value human relationships within the team and in the workplace in general.
- In the company: you will work closely with the other teams, and in particular compliance, product, payment operations and commercial teams, that are based all over Europe and UK.
- Location: this role can be based in France, UK (London), Luxembourg, Poland (Warsaw), Germany (Berlin), Spain (Madrid) or Ireland (Dublin).
Expertise and experience :
- 8+ years of relevant legal experience in the payments industry
- Proven experience as a Team Leader within a Legal department
- Strong knowledge of online payments and the legal framework relevant to payments or financial services and payment services provider
- Good knowledge of applicable AML/CTF regulation
- Fluency in English is needed. Any other EU language will be an asset.
- International experience will be valued.
General skills :
- Problem solver: You have a business-oriented mindset, solving complex problems. You can take an interest in any subject, understand the issues and propose solutions.
- Empathic: Understand business and team issues and position yourself as a true partner and enabler.
- Hands-on: You take initiatives, you are not afraid to do it yourself based on priorities and results.
- HR Call
- 1st Interview with our VP Legal
- 2nd interview with a member of the Regulatory team
- Last interview with our General Counsel
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.