At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Berlin, Dublin, Luxembourg, London, Madrid, Paris, and Warsaw. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for one of our feature teams. Leading cross-functional teams and driving development of new core product areas or features.
What will you be responsible for?
- Managing a team: 1:1, skills development, set goals
- Recruiting Developers & QA Engineers to build your team
- Communicating and organising the delivery/priorities with other managers within the tech team or wider organisation
- Structuring and developing our working methods (e.g. introducing the definition of acceptance criteria with QA and PMS)
- Coordinating developments along with product management team (technical breakdown of tasks, prioritisation with the product)
- Analysing and designing features related to the team
- Code review
- Be the tech reference point for features
What do we expect from you?
- Demonstrates a genuine passion for managing within a technology-driven setting
- Thrives in a collaborative, agile environment and possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Excels at tackling intricate problems and generates innovative solutions
- Derives satisfaction from organizing and planning tasks effectively
- Takes pride in delivering top-notch, thoroughly tested code, while advocating for best practices such as TDD, peer programming, and software craftsmanship
- Maintains a constant curiosity for staying updated on technological advancements
- Strives to provide our customers with the utmost user experience
Extensive experience in all of these is not required (but if you know it's even better). There are a couple we do really need though:
- C# (required)
- Vue.js and/or React.js (required)
- Experience building SaaS products (required)
- .Net Core, .Net 4.8 (migration .Net 6 incoming) (very desirable)
- RabbitMQ (MassTransit)
- Git (Gitlab), TeamCity, Octopus Deploy
If this role sounds of interest to you, and matches your experience, get in touch via the apply button!
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.