At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Berlin, Dublin, Luxembourg, London, Madrid, Paris, and Warsaw. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Financial Controller - Reconciliation to join our organization and be a key player in Mangopay’s growth and success. The Financial Control team, part of the Finance Organisation, is a critical payment service provider function. The successful candidate will modernise and scale the daily reconciliation of Mangopay’s customers' money movement flows. This leader will be responsible for engaging with functions across Mangopay to drive process improvements and automation related to Mangopay’s banking operations systems and processes. This role and process have oversight over hundreds of billions in paying volume a year from multiple currencies and several payment methods.
You will come to form part of the transformation and reinforcement of a dynamic team and partner closely with various other internal and external stakeholders such as Product, Tech, Banking Ops or Accounting teams to deeply understand and tackle the payment challenges of a leading Fintech.
What will you be responsible for?
- Performing the daily reconciliation of Mangopay’s financial flows and coaching collaborators in place
- Leading investigation with internal teams for reconciliation issues encountered and implement solutions that scale with the growth of the company
- Driving speed, quality, and simplification by eliminating rework loops, reducing and automating manual work and hand-offs, identifying and implementing best practices across the function, and minimizing process variability through standardization and automation,
- Diagnosing existing processes, identifying improvement opportunities, prescribing improvement strategies, and guiding the improvement effort with the support of Product and Engineering teams
- Documenting and maintaining the team’s SOP (Standard operating procedures) and financial flow kinematic to build an internal knowledge base
- Designing and deploying a strong reconciliation framework to adapt reconciliation settings for any new payment method, region, currency, or provider
What do we expect from you?
- Degree in a relevant field (Finance, Data analytics)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in relevant areas, with a proven and successful track record, preferably for B2B and/or SaaS business
- Amazing Microsoft Excel skills and other data-oriented tools (SQL, Python, Snowflake, Looker, …)
- Strong track record of process improvement and automation
- Deep analytical rigour, focused on bringing clarity based on deep insights
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
- Ability to embrace and drive change
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Fluent in English
Interview with VP Finance
Last interview with C-level manager
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.