At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Berlin, Dublin, Luxembourg, London, Madrid, Paris, and Warsaw. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
We are looking for a talented and hungry Engineering Manager to lead one of our payout squads. You will be responsible for a best in class payout processing platform. You’ll have the opportunity to work with our dedicated and close knit team to execute on our vision.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Hands on architecting, reviewing and writing code
- Educating the team on payouts
- Coordinating with product managers (technical breakdown of tasks, prioritisation and delivery).
- Take a hands-on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
- Ensure consistent implementation against existing architecture principles as well as improve and define new principles
- Managing a squad: 1:1, skills development, setting goals.
- Recruiting Developers & QA Engineers to build your team.
- Working with other managers and teams across functions to manage dependencies and delivery.
- Implementing and improving our working methodology
- Manage production releases for your team's features
- Resourcing and planning
- Ensure the team adheres to best practices for monitoring and alerting
We are looking for an engineering manager with 5+ years experience:
- A deep knowledge of payouts and banking is a must
- Experience developing large scale highly available backend services
- Proactive in problem solving
- Demonstrates a genuine passion for managing within a technology-driven setting.
- Thrives in a collaborative, agile environment and possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excels at tackling intricate problems and generates innovative solutions.
- Derives satisfaction from organizing and planning tasks effectively.
- Takes pride in delivering top-notch, thoroughly tested code, while advocating for best practices such as TDD, peer programming, and software craftsmanship.
- Maintains a constant curiosity for staying updated on technological advancements.
- Strives to provide our customers with the utmost user experience.
You will have experience in some of the following key technologies.
- Experience working in the payments industry (required)
- C# (required) .Net Core, .Net 4.8 (migration .Net 6)
- An understanding on microservices architecture and principles
- Event Messaging (RabbitMQ or Kafka)
- Databases and scaling (PostgreSQL and SQL Server)
- Git (Gitlab), TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Docker
- AWS and hands on cloud experience
- The ability to create unit tests and functional tests
If this role aligns with your experience and ambitions, we would love to hear from you!
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.