At Mangopay, our mission is to power the payment infrastructure and payment operations of the world's biggest and most exciting marketplaces & platforms.
We provide marketplaces and platforms with powerful modular payment and regulatory solutions. Since 2013, we have enabled the success of some of the biggest names in e-commerce, retail, and cutting-edge platforms such as Vinted, Rakuten, Chrono24, La Redoute, Wallapop and over 2,500+ more.
Our team of 400+ is spread across Europe, with offices in Berlin, Dublin, Luxembourg, London, Madrid, Paris, and Warsaw. In an environment where marketplaces and fintech ventures are thriving, we're actively seeking exceptional individuals to tackle the challenges in our field and contribute to our growth. Our commitment to diversity is unwavering, and we are dedicated to promoting employee well-being, inclusivity, and equal opportunities. Joining Mangopay means you’ll be part of a dynamic, flexible, and rapidly growing team.
We are looking for an experienced candidate to build the tax function within the finance organization and be a key player of Mangopay’s growth and success. Thanks to our hypergrowth, Mangopay’s legal and tax environment has complexified and we are looking for an International Tax Manager who consistently exceeds expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The successful candidate will have the responsibility for implementing and operating Mangopay's tax policies and frameworks. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Finance, Legal and Operation teams to support current and future Manopay’s initiatives, as well as provide day-to-day support. The candidate will primarily focus on corporate tax and transfer pricing matters but also have an awareness of indirect tax.
This position is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between accounting and various operation, finance and technology organizations.
What you will be responsible for
- Researching international tax issues - working with outside advisors as necessary - and providing relevant tax guidance.
- Defining and implementing tax requirements for existing and new initiatives.
- Providing guidance, analyzing legal and tax changes and ensuring Mangopay is equipped to adapt to these changes.
- Coordinating with local auditors for timely closure of statutory audit and tax audit.
- Designing and documenting SOP (Standard operating procedures) to build strong internal control environment
- Managing relationships with outside tax advisors and regulatory authorities on an ongoing basis.
- Detail-oriented individual who is self-motivated and a strong sense of ownership
- 7+ years experience of transfer pricing and international tax matters with a public accounting firm, law firm and/or industry, preferably a multinational corporation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English is a must)
- Experience with European tax laws.
- Proven and successful track record of working across cross-functional teams and at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work in a dynamic, informal and often ambiguous and rapidly changing business environment.
- HR Call
- Interview 1 - VP Controller
- Interview 2 - VP Banking Operations
- Interview 3 - VP Legal
We care about equal employment opportunities, so all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.