In a world defined by experiences, it’s not enough for brands to simply stand for something – they must stand up for it. We are a brand communications agency built for this new purpose-driven era. Hello.
We are the world’s first global small agency. We love big strategy, big ideas, big data and big hearts. We are powered by creativity and pride ourselves on finding real solutions to real problems.
In one sentence:
Your job is to devise, develop and deliver remarkable campaigns that use creativity to help our clients change the world for the better.
A Campaign Manager brief.
A Campaign Manager controls campaign delivery from concept to content. Managing the campaign team to kick the shit out of the opportunity to be remarkable, the CM is not only an expert content creator, but also a leader who nurtures creative talent in the junior team. Responsible for all areas of campaign delivery, the CM collaborates with the AM to populate plans and meet all internal and external deadlines. With a keen eye for quality, the CM maintains standards and pins all our work back to the core campaign strategy.
What is expected of a Campaign Manager?
In this role, you will manage the planning and delivery of all campaign content, working alongside the AM to establish and optimise campaign effectiveness for our clients. As the day-to-day creative lead, a CM needs to bring ideas to the table, combined with the skills to deliver them.
Through interrogating briefs, assigning content creation roles, delivering work within resourced capacity and always seeking ways to innovate and develop the agency’s expertise, a CM is the key controller of creative work for clients.
- Populate plans and proposals with ideas and creative content, delivering them within the agreed deadlines
- Adhering to internal and external deadlines and approval processes
- Consulting on and responding to client feedback to improve and develop creative work
- Maintain the morale and motivation of campaign teams
- Develop and maintain campaign content plans, ensuring campaign teams meet deadlines and deliver content/campaign logistics to the best standard
- Ensure campaign teams have the understanding and guidance required to deliver campaign content with optimal efficacy
- Follow campaign resourcing plans established by the AM, flagging any potential issues or budget impacts in advance
- Establish an understanding of and passion for customer industries, and use that insight to differentiate campaigns and amplify effectiveness
- Follow and translate creative briefs, tailoring content creation to match the specific campaign objectives
- Adhere to campaign budgets, sourcing and identifying suppliers where necessary
- Cooperate with Account Managers to ensure the required time and resource is available to deliver the best possible work
- Suggest ideas above and beyond our scope of work to drive new revenue opportunities with your client base
- Take an active role in the new business process, delivering research and creative ideas work to meet the needs of the director involved in the project
- Support the senior management team in identifying areas for content and creative innovation – from exploring new creative fields/channels to adopting new methods of content creation
- Use time reports and analysis to improve the accuracy of forecasting, helping to inform the budgeting process and understand required team structures.
- Live and breathe Manifest’s creative manifesto on a daily basis – delivering work that can easily be defined as something only Manifest could do
- Identify the specific skills and talents of junior campaign team members, helping to shape their careers around their unique skillset and potential
What does good look like?:
- You are the ideas person – constantly delivering fresh and relevant ideas to the client service team
- You collaborate to improve – working with feedback to improve and enhance campaign work to better meet the client brief
- You’re all about quality – although you’re quick to deliver work, you don’t ever cut corners and refuse to let anything under-par ever pass to the client service team
- You’re a source of inspiration – far from just managing your team, you inspire them to be better by always improving and delivering the best possible quality
- You’re a content machine – you smash out content at a rate of knots, delivering against content and campaign plans within the forecasted time
- You have your finger on the pulse –you stay ahead of cultural trends and the news agenda to provide a key source of relevant and accurate for client brands
- You are passionate about strategy – you love working with the Manifest strategic frameworks to ensure all ideas and content are laser-focused on one consistent brand proposition/
What does the future hold?
As the custodian of creativity, content and campaign success, you will have the opportunity to either move towards the strategy team, becoming a creative and strategic resource that works across our client portfolio, or to become an Account Director, providing senior counsel to clients on the creative process. As a content and campaign delivery expert, at AD level your experience will be invaluable in ensuring our campaigns not only push creative boundaries but also deliver maximum commercial impact for clients.
Your skillset makes you perfect for delivering the killer ideas for new business pitches and taking the lead on strategic positioning. Beyond AD there’s opportunities to become more specialised as a creative director or media / content / social media strategist, leading the agency in these areas and ensuring the whole team adheres to our creative process and best practice.
We love our work, we’re never boring and we always buy our round. Above all, we work hard and we’re nice to people.