In a world defined by experiences, it’s not enough for brands to simply stand for something – they must stand up for it. We are a brand communications agency built for this new purpose-driven era. Hello.
We are the world’s first global small agency. We love big strategy, big ideas, big data and big hearts. We are powered by creativity and pride ourselves on finding real solutions to real problems.
In one sentence:
Your job is to establish, maintain and evolve effective relationships with our clients to help our work shine, bring the best out of our team, drive our work forward and kick the shit out of the opportunity to be remarkable.
An Account Manager brief.
An Account Manager at Manifest is the beating heart of the account, providing an essential bridge between creative work, logistics, team resource, suppliers, reporting and our clients’ unique and individual motivations. The impact of doing this job well is massive – for the client, the work and the agency. By providing an organised, empathetic and charismatic presence on both client and agency side, an AM amplifies the efficacy of campaigns and converts clients into satisfied and loyal advocates of the Manifest way of doing things.
What is expected of an Account Manager?
In this role, you will liaise with all of Manifest’s internal teams (from Strategic resources to content creators) to improve the entire customer experience, protect the creative integrity of Manifest’s work and make sure the campaigns we deliver meet our brief.
Through writing briefs, acting as an internal client during the approvals process, selecting teams and individuals for projects, resource planning creative work, developing new business proposals and taking charge of all external communications with clients, an AM is a content creator in their own right and the custodian of quality across the entire client experience.
- Unrivalled organiser
- Loves a process
- Transparent, curious and compassionate in communication
- Rigorous problem-solver
- Analytical yet decisive
- Rigorous researcher
- Experience digesting insights, building learnings and creating reports
- Never misses a detail
- A natural motivator of people at all levels
- Intuitive business sense
- Works in partnership with the campaign manager to ensure an account thrives in harmony
- Provide the key point of contact for your clients in all areas of campaign planning, delivery and reporting
- Communicate ideas, plans and reports to clients with consultancy and consideration, maintaining the creative integrity and reinforcing the commercial impact of our work
- Act as a representative of the client on campaign teams – ensuring a constant link with client motivations and considerations
- Maintain the morale and motivation of client teams for the work they undertake
- Develop and maintain campaign delivery plans, ensuring campaign teams have realistic deadlines and meet them
- Ensure the client team follows required approval and quality control processes, acting as an enabler for the whole team to treat colleagues as clients
- Plan campaign resource around required deliverables and campaign milestones
- Establish an understanding of and passion for customer industries, and use that insight to motivate, brief and manage campaign teams
- Write creative briefs for campaign teams, directing outputs to meet the client’s specific business objectives
- Build and manage campaign budgets, often in collaboration with Account Directors and Business Directors
- Proof and approve all campaign work with a strict eye for detail and an empathy for the unique and individual concerns of clients
- Cooperate with campaign teams to ensure the required time and resource is available to deliver the best possible work
- Identify and pursue new revenue opportunities with your client base
- Take an active role in the new business process, interrogating the brief before commissioning research and creative work to meet the needs of the director involved in the project
- Support the senior management team in identifying areas for client service innovation – from developing new products and services to suggesting better ways of working within teams
- Use time reports and analysis to improve working efficiency, structure and restructure teams and provide advice and guidance for junior team members, helping them to progress and develop
What does good look like?:
- You are solutions oriented – always approaching an issue or a challenge with a proactive way to overcome it
- You’ve got good chat – great communication skills are integral to keeping clients and internal teams informed and engaged with all areas of campaign work
- You’re empathetic – you understand the individual motivations and idiosyncrasies of both clients and colleagues and use that to inform how you work with them to achieve the best possible work. Instead of judging, or making knee-jerk reactions, you are considerate of context and individual pressures, providing feedback and solutions that maintain team motivation
- You’re a natural leader – far from just managing your team, you keep one eye on their development at all times, helping us to keep and motivate our team, and helping them to progress quickly in their own careers
- You’re an organisation machine – you take the lead in establishing and maintaining team organisation, from planning and assigning tasks to monitoring their delivery and keeping clients in the loop on progress
- You can see the future – you use your experience and intuition to see problems, challenges or issues coming, building a plan to tackle them before they gather momentum
- You love a bit of geekery – you use software and technology to provide an infrastructure for communication, efficiency, collaboration and quality
What does the future hold?
For someone who excels as an Account Manager, the possibilities are endless. In the immediate future, an Account Director role beckons, extending your responsibilities to senior clients, adding campaign content quality control and budgeting to daily responsibilities. You can also bring your people skills to ExCo, where you can more directly help and positively influence the lives of other team members, while building policies and procedures that prevent or eradicate issues from the working environment at Manifest.
Your skillset makes you perfect for taking on more new business responsibilities, leading chemistry meetings and pitches. You’re also a great judge of both character and the resource we need in the agency, so being involved in recruitment and team development is a natural fit.
Beyond AD, you’re prime material for a Business Director if your heart lies in improving the business from the inside and helping to rebuild what’s expected of communications agencies. Or you may choose to specialise in client services, taking on a Client Service Director role and building an infrastructure in which Account Managers can grow and excel. Then, who know – AMs make great MDs and Ops Directors. The world is your oyster.
We love our work, we’re never boring and we always buy our round. Above all, we work hard and we’re nice to people.