In a world defined by experiences, it’s not enough for brands to simply stand for something – they must stand up for it. We are a brand communications agency built for this new purpose-driven era. Hello.
We are the world’s first global small agency. We love big strategy, big ideas, big data and big hearts. We are powered by creativity and pride ourselves on finding real solutions to real problems.
Your job is to successfully deliver the social media output for key digital clients, owning the beginning-to-end process including ideation, content planning, community management, and reporting.
A Social Media Manager brief
A Social Media Manager is a trusted pair of hands responsible for the end-to-end process of managing social media work for clients. Day-to-day, they will work on ideation, planning, briefing / production, copywriting, and content scheduling on both subscription and campaign work. They will not be alone in this job but will be expected to drive it forward and ensure everything happens to task and to agreed delivery deadlines.
Their passion for what is happening on all platforms every day will see them coming up with both new reactive ideas and bigger strategic recommendations based on what they see in-feed and in culture every time they open an app or look at performance analytics.
In collaboration with the Digital and Content Strategy Director, they will work hard to ensure social media is a consideration in every active brief or plan within the agency.
What is expected of a Social Media Manager?
By providing an organised, authoritative, and creative presence on both client and agency side, a Social Media Manager is expected to operate as a strategic thinker, content creative and ‘nose in the newsfeed’ doer. Working independently and as part of a team is necessary.
This role is a specialist within the agency so is expected to bring specific knowledge and experience to every task or opportunity. The ability to clearly articulate the opportunity with social media, how an idea or campaign will work, and what impact it will have for a client, is very important.
Through knowledge and passion for industry and excitement for the clients we work with, it is expected that a Social Media Manager is constantly pushing us forward and making people in and around the agency excited about what we can achieve and create via social media.
Our approach to digital sees us consider the full channel mix and opportunity for clients. An understanding of – or desire to grow knowledge of - how social media connects to paid, influencer, search, ecommerce, and other relevant channels is desired.
- Be the gatekeeper for all things social media within the agency – including but not exclusive to planning, briefing / production, execution, and reporting of social media work
- Act as both an analytical and creative mind, using creativity, performance, and insights (client, category and culture) to inform ideas, innovation and execution
- Consistently ideate and drive both drumbeat and campaign work forward with the strongest ideas, ways of working and execution possible to achieve client goals
- Drive our reactive process. Using the latest trending topics, news agenda, culture moments, and social listening to identify and activate social-first ideas as speed and that cut through
- Populate plans and proposals in response to client briefs, delivering them against internal and external deadlines and approval processes
- Write engaging and social-first copy to support our content plans and campaigns. Use both strong social-first parlance and client’s own tone of voice to craft what to say and how to perfectly say it
- Scheduling content on all client and Manifest social accounts.
- End-to-end management of client work, consulting on and responding to client feedback to improve and develop best-in-class social media work
- Ensure account and campaign teams understand the work we do and the social ideas and plans we provide, offering guidance and additional translation of ideas if needed
- Suggest ideas, builds and new ways of working above and beyond our scope of work to drive new revenue opportunities with current client base
- Take an active role in the new business process, delivering research and social ideation as part of planning through to presenting work in new business pitches
- Support the Digital & Content Strategy Director and senior management team in identifying areas for social (and wider digital) innovation – from exploring new channels, formats, strategies and tactics to improve our client work to adopting new services to build our digital proposition internally
- Support the Digital Content Strategy Director in building the digital and content team.
- Support junior executives, helping to shape their career around their unique skillset and potential
- Live and breathe Manifest’s unification principles on a daily basis – delivering work that can easily be defined as something only Manifest could do.
What does good look like?
- 3 or more years’ experience working in social media (agency-side experience preferable) with experience/knowledge in paid media and influencer marketing also desirable.
- A specialist – you will have an excellent working understanding of the social media industry, platforms, and content formats that deliver amazing results.
- You have your finger on the pulse - the social media landscape is forever in flux and new innovations and opportunities occur every day. This should be a source of excitement for you, and you need to stay ahead of cultural and digital trends to be able to turn them into opportunities for clients.
- You’re a source of inspiration – through passion and knowledge, you inspire people to be better by always improving and delivering the best possible quality. This includes non-digital natives. Inspire with what is possible!
- You are an ideas person – we will be working at both a planning and implementation level so thinking up big ideas and, importantly, knowing how to land them is very important. The ability to think creativity within a group and independently is also important.
- You’re a content machine – you smash out content at a rate of knots, delivering against content and campaign plans within the forecasted time.
- You enjoy getting your hands dirty – social media is about what is happening in feed right now, the detail in production and imagining the big idea. You will enjoy getting stuck in.
- You are all about quality - although you’re quick to deliver work, you don’t ever cut corners and refuse to let anything under-par ever pass to the client service team
- You have pride in your work – we are excited by our client’s brands and campaigns, and we take pride in ensuring everything we do from a single copy line to a global campaign is the best it can be.
We love our work, we’re never boring and we always buy our round. Above all, we work hard and we’re nice to people.