MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
This role will be responsible for the company's overall compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, external reporting with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), SOX financial and IT-related controls and corporate and statutory tax filings. SEC compliance includes the filing of Forms 10-K and 10-Q, compliance with XBRL requirements, preparation and review of earnings releases in connection with SEC filings as well as preparation and review of statutory financial statements. This position will be responsible for technical accounting research and accounting memo preparation, review and maintenance of SOX controls related to financial reporting. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, FASB pronouncements and industry guidance provided by the Big 4 accounting firms. Knowledge of IFRS and Netsuite is ideal but not required.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP under established reporting deadlines.
- Accountable for accurate and timely reporting of SEC Forms 10-K and 10Q, quarterly earnings releases and support to investor relations, and annual proxy filings.
- Manage the printer relationship for external financial reporting.
- Manage the annual shareholders’ meeting in connection with the filing of the proxy statement.
- Evaluate business transactions for proper accounting treatment and maintain the internal controls over financial reporting.
- Implement new accounting policies and procedures to respond to changes in internal policies, SEC/GAAP, and SOX 404 requirements.
- Draft technical memos, research papers and accounting positions
- Review and assure accuracy of stock-based compensation related to stock options and warrants.
- Key interface with outside auditors on technical accounting positions.
- Provide on-going technical training for the accounting organization.
- Manage tax functions including corporate, local and statutory.
- Provide technical accounting and work with local auditors for the company’s foreign legal entities.
- Manage transfer pricing arrangements and work with the treasury function for compliance.
- Collaborate with corporate accounting to enhance reporting and analytical reviews.
- Provide a high level of customer service within finance and to non-finance business partners. Must be a strong team player and contribute to a demanding environment.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA designation a must
- 10+ years of public and private industry experience
- 5+ years of Big 4 public accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations, FASB pronouncements, EITFs etc.
- Prior experience in active drafting and preparing of SEC filings including XBRL tagging
- SOX 404 implementation experience
- Experience with international subsidiaries and foreign currency translation methods
- Strong at execution, follow-up and attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Very strong leadership experience, including excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Able to keep deadlines at a fast pace without losing accuracy
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Location: Redwood City, CA
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with your resume/CV to
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB will not accept agency resumes without prior contractual agreement with HR. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee directly. MariaDB is not responsible for any unsolicited resumes.
MariaDB is an equal opportunities employer.