MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
Are you interested in working in a dynamic, passionate and distributed global team with a strong open source culture working remotely? If you answered yes, then you will love working within the Customer Engineering team at MariaDB. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Customer Engineering Developer to join our team.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle including programming, debugging, and creating new features, specifically around the requirements of top customers
- Writing, debugging and testing code
- Design, estimate, develop, test and document new features and tools over the entire lifecycle from inception to publication and beyond
- Coordinate and communicate with enterprise architects, customers, developers and product management in order to obtain details of feature specification
- Risk assessment of larger system designs and recommendation of alternatives to customer and core MariaDB engineering teams
- Functional and regression testing of MariaDB server, components and tooling
- Writing test cases for reruns and automating test scenarios for regression testing purposes
- Test result analysis, creation of reproducible test cases and defect reporting
- Collaboration with development to maintain the official code branches and regression test suites
- Facilitate efforts to reproduce customer issues, create test cases, and provide patches for production systems to enable targeted collection of debug data and increase customer uptime
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of Linux, and hands-on experience with everyday maintenance/administration
- Good knowledge of SQL, familiarity with NoSQL concepts
- Experience with at least some of the following: SQL optimizers, concurrent/distributed computing, ACID storage
- Solid knowledge of C/C++, good knowledge of CMake and testing frameworks
- Basic shell scripting skills
- Work experience with version control (git) and defect tracking systems
- Understanding of DevOps and agile development practices
- 2+ years of work experience in software development and/or testing
Bonus Experience and Skills
- MariaDB, MySQL, Postgres, or MongoDB development expertise
- Experience with open source development
- Mac or Windows as a primary development platform
- Knowledge of MariaDB/MySQL DBMS, internals, SQL dialects, connectors
- Knowledge of Perl, Python, Bash, Java
- Experience with popular database performance benchmarks and code profilers
- Familiarity with databases in the cloud
- Work experience with cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud) and virtualization tools (QEMU, Docker)
- Familiarity with NoSQL products/concepts
- Familiarity with systemd, SELinux
- Experience working remotely in geo-distributed teams
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with your resume/CV.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB will not accept agency resumes without prior contractual agreement with HR. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee directly. MariaDB is not responsible for any unsolicited resumes.
MariaDB is an equal opportunities employer.