MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
MariaDB is looking for a passionate problem-solver to join our team as a Product Integration Engineer. You’ll be working in a team that is making sure our products integrate well and that new features are tested across the board. In addition, you will be part of leading the development of our client-side connectors and tools. Together these are a central focus for our customer-facing efforts.
In this role you’ll navigate technical conversations with multiple different teams and roll up your sleeves to solve technical challenges. As a Product Integration Engineer you will be involved with everything related to developing next-generation MariaDB products.
- Be part of a team that ensures our products work well together and that the customer point of view is taken into account
- Understand customer use cases and design tests and tools around them
- Make sure that our different products work together (both on-prem and cloud) by designing and implementing integration tests that combine multiple components
- Simulate customer end-to-end product life cycle experience, such as installation, upgrades and patching, to ensure the products provide a seamless experience
- Design realistic testing environments, configurations, and workloads to simulate real-world customer scenarios (replication deployments, clustered deployments, etc.)
- Develop and execute test plans, monitor progress and report on test execution
- Collaborate with QA and test personnel in other teams to coordinate work and share insights
- Work together with world-class engineering talent to influence design/architectural decisions and collaborate on feature definition and development
- Create product specifications and requirements to drive the engineering process
- Experience with SQL databases as a user or knowledge of database internals (Oracle DB, Microsoft SQL, DB2, etc)
- Quality Assurance (QA) and Software Testing experience
- Experience building automated testing frameworks and a passion to automate everything
- Familiarity with CI systems like Jenkins or Buildbot
- Experience working in cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Python 3 programming OR Kubernetes, are a bonus!
- Ability to work independently through written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams such as marketing, sales and field engineering
- Technical bachelor’s degree (e.g., CS, CE, EE); MBA desired, not a must
Remote - Germany
What’s in It for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with your resume/CV.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB will not accept agency resumes without prior contractual agreement with HR. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee directly. MariaDB is not responsible for any unsolicited resumes.
MariaDB is an equal opportunities employer.