MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
As a software engineer on the MariaDB Cloud team, you will be responsible for design and implementation of backend services that power the MariaDB Cloud DBAAS. You will contribute to evaluating and building POCs for various capabilities, upcoming features and performance optimizations.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, SRE, QA, Support and Tech leads in developing a highly secure and scalable infrastructure for SkySQL DBAAS
- Lead the design and development of various backend services for DBAAS.
- Own various key capabilities on DBAAS and become the go-to person for features on various backend services.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Identify performance problems and develop solutions for a highly scalable DBAAS platform.
What You'll Need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or higher
- 5+ years of experience in software development with 2+ years in distributed software development
- Deep understanding of algorithms & data structures and their runtime complexities.
- Solid understanding of Databases and its performance, experience with MariaDB/MySQL is a plus
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes in public cloud is a must
- Proficiency in any of C/C++, Java, Python or Go
- Experience working with any of GCP/AWS/Azure
- Experience development in the Unix/Linux environment
100% Remote, or in one of our offices if you prefer: Redwood City, CA; San Diego, CA; Austin, TX
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with your resume/CV to
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB will not accept agency resumes without prior contractual agreement with HR. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee directly. MariaDB is not responsible for any unsolicited resumes.
MariaDB is an equal opportunities employer.