MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you’re checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used everyday. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500, run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management - Cloud Observability to define and drive product vision and strategy. The selected product leader will drive innovation and work closely with our multi-disciplinary teams across the company to create a cloud observability product offering and drive the success of your product. You will actively contribute to the overall company strategy, and you’ll work closely with the Engineering, Marketing, Support, Sales to ensure the success of our cloud observability product offering.
What you’ll do:
- Be the product leader that sets and clearly articulates the vision around cloud observability, including developer and security outcomes
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for our cloud observability offerings
- Drive execution on the vision both by direct as well as indirect impact and influence
- Prioritize and document requirements, epics, and user stories for new releases of our offerings
- Guide major enhancements of our offerings by working cross-functionally with core teams across our Engineering organization and the upstream open source community
- Plan and deliver product content for new releases and launches of our offerings, prioritize and communicate product requirements to guide development, support the field team in advanced sales opportunities, perform competitive reviews and analyses, and work with partners
- Support sales and marketing activities, including creating presentations, blogs, demos, and other technical collateral for our offerings
- Engage cross functionally, with engineering, sales, marketing
What you’ll need:
- 10 + years of overall product management and/or engineering experience
- 7+ years experience in the enterprise software, SaaS industry, in a product management, software engineering or product deployment role with experience in a cloud native environment
- Good understanding of databases and database management
- Deep understanding of observability in areas of monitoring tools, distributed tracing, metrics and software development
- Expertise in cloud engineering and concepts
- Experience with platforms and high-scale distributed systems
- Good understanding of security
- Track record of planning and launching new capabilities as well as driving product awareness and adoption
- Passion to fight for what’s right for the user and a love of working with a team to make the product better
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to properly translate and articulate positioning and technology
- Strong at execution, follow-up and attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization and to contribute in a demanding environment
Location: US Remote or Canada Remote
What’s in It for You?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking, values empowerment, and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You’ll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), stock options, a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application along with your resume/CV to
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MariaDB will not accept agency resumes without prior contractual agreement with HR. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee directly. MariaDB is not responsible for any unsolicited resumes.
MariaDB is an equal opportunities employer.