- Pension plan
- Flexible working culture (office in central London)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Equipment budget
- Learning & development budget
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Donuts every Thursday
- Stock Option Plan
Mast is solving one of the most important problems in lending: Speed. Our mission is to empower mortgage lenders and leverage technology to enable them to focus on what they do best – lending. Mast is building cloud-native mortgage technology infrastructure to help lenders process more mortgage applications in less time. We want to help lenders get to a mortgage decision faster and more efficiently, transforming the buying journey for the borrower.
You'll work closely with team to support the engineering effort on the Mast platform – scoping user stories, participating in sprint planning, and writing and deploying great code.
We're very much inspired by the Pivotal Way.
- Work with the engineering team to ideate on and build the Mast platform
- Write thoughtful, high-quality code – using TDD where possible
- Proactively maintain and improve our codebase
- Be a technical project owner, driving projects from kickoff to completion
- Lead product improvement drives, and independently identify potential product improvements
- Support product improvement drives and independently identify potential product improvements
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Work on integrations with other potential partners and on APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Help us build our internal processes, including technical architecture, release management and hiring
- 5+ years experience in web application design and development
- Strong experience with our core tech stack: Ruby, Rails, and JS front-end frameworks
- Strong experience creating and deploying complex web applications that are scalable, manageable and performant
- Experience writing automated unit, integration and end-to-end tests in RSpec
- Working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Willingness to pair program on occasion!
- Experience of pairing, Agile, TDD
- Knowledge of banking/finance
- Previous experience at a startup