The mission of Matter Labs (the company behind zkSync) is to scale Ethereum to 10 billion users, fully preserving its trustlessness and resilience with the power of advanced math. We recently raised a $50M Series B from a16z and other strategic partners, and are now actively growing our technical team.
zkSync's core mission is to solve Ethereum scalability with no compromises in security. The Product team is responsible for building and shipping the infrastructure needed to bring 1 cent Ethereum transactions to everyone in the world with a smartphone. This is one of the few places in the world where each pursuit, decision, or feature will effect the day to day life of millions of people living all over the world.
- Work closely with our engineering team to build out the zkSync 2.0 protocol
- Communicate with our community and ecosystem partners to build a comprehensive and frictionless experience for users and developers
- Discover new features of our protocol and lead them from nascent stages to maturity
- You have partnered closely with engineers to build APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer or related technical experience
- 1+ years of experience in a similar position
- An obsession with continuous product improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience building new products
- Experience working working in startup environments is a big plus
You will work on a deeply mission-driven project, making a significant contribution to the greater economic and political freedom globally. All of our code is open source.
We are a fast growing startup in the world’s fastest growing industry. We offer highly competitive cash and equity compensation.
We respect every team member as an individual. We encourage healthy work/life balance without excessive overtime. We will provide you with anything we can to help you grow professionally, be productive and happy.
We are a remote-first, results-only organisation. Most of the team is based in Europe, and we currently only consider candidates located between EST (UTC-5) and ICT (UTC+7). You are expected to adjust your schedule, work and communication methods to such an environment.
zkSync is a ZK rollup, a Layer-2 scaling solution that preserves the security properties of the underlying blockchain by leveraging the latest generation of succinct zero-knowledge proofs.
About Matter Labs
Matter Labs is the pioneer of zero-knowledge proof tech on Ethereum. The company has launched the first-ever public ZK rollup prototype in early 2019, was the first to implement recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and created the world’s first practical FPGA-based hardware for ZKP acceleration in 2020. Matter Labs recently launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Matter Labs’ team is rooted in the belief that cryptography and blockchain are essential technologies for protecting and fostering freedom globally. They enable mutually distrusting counterparts to collaborate without relying on authorities or third parties. Blockchains enabled by zero-knowledge proofs promise a fairer and more efficient global digital economy.
- Project homepage: https://zksync.io
- Our mission, values, and culture
- How and why we work on zkSync: Matter Labs Team Handbook
- Matter Labs Engineering Handbook
- About zero-knowledge proofs: https://github.com/matter-labs/awesome-zero-knowledge-proofs