At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal. We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
As a Head of Product, you will own the product vision for zkSync and execute/solve all problems to make that vision a reality.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the blockchain scalability market.
- Understanding the nuances of the zkSync scaling technology.
- Articulating and documenting the technical product vision.
- Building a strong product management team.
- Cooperating tightly with the communications and marketing teams to ensure that both end-users and developers fully understand the benefits and nuances of our product.
Product Leadership: You will articulate and execute the product vision based to reach zkSync’s long-term mission goals.
Execution: You will work closely with engineering and other functions to ensure high quality product features can be delivered against deadlines and achieve product goals/priorities. We expect you to implement processes that allow the team to communicate effectively and deliver efficiently.
Team Leadership: You will hire, train, motivate, mentor and empower product managers, clearly defining their individual roles and responsibilities.
Remote work: We are a remote-first, results-only organization. Most of the team is based in Europe, and we currently only consider candidates located between EST (UTC-5) and ICT (UTC+7). You are expected to adjust your schedule, managing style, work and communication methods to such an environment.
- Strong software development background.
- A proven track record of creating successful technical products for developers in the global market.
- Deep understanding of the Ethereum technology and ecosystem.
- Strong knowledge of product management best practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
You will work on a deeply mission-driven project, making a significant contribution to the greater economic and political freedom globally. All of our code is free open source.
We are a fast growing startup in the world’s fastest growing industry. We offer highly competitive cash and equity compensation.
We respect every team member as an individual. We encourage healthy work/life balance without excessive overtime. We will provide you with anything we can to help you grow professionally, be productive and happy.
zkSync is a ZK rollup, a Layer-2 scaling solution that preserves the security properties of the underlying blockchain by leveraging the latest generation of succinct zero-knowledge proofs.
About Matter Labs
Matter Labs is the pioneer of zero-knowledge proof tech on Ethereum. The company has launched the first-ever public ZK rollup prototype in early 2019, was the first to implement recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and created the world’s first practical FPGA-based hardware for ZKP acceleration in 2020. Matter Labs recently launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Matter Labs’ team is rooted in the belief that cryptography and blockchain are essential technologies for protecting and fostering freedom globally. They enable mutually distrusting counterparts to collaborate without relying on authorities or third parties. Blockchains enabled by zero-knowledge proofs promise a fairer and more efficient global digital economy.
- Project homepage: https://zksync.io
- Our mission, values, and culture
- How and why we work on zkSync: Matter Labs Team Handbook
- Matter Labs Engineering Handbook
- About zero-knowledge proofs: https://github.com/matter-labs/awesome-zero-knowledge-proofs