At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal. We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
zkSync is a community-owned protocol, and community managers are the glue that holds our quickly growing community together. Matter Labs is looking for crypto-native talent to join our team remotely to work on a wide range of deliverables and tasks that help grow, engage, and educate our community. As a community manager, you will share the following core responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our product, market, users, and industry.
- Respond to customer issues, comments, and questions in a professional, kind and timely manner.
- Identifying opportunities to improve our community channels (primarily Discord).
- Support in strategizing and executing community events.
- Oversee a wide range of content creation including blog posts and social content.
- Interface with our product and development team in diagnosing and reporting issues users are experiencing.
- Collate and share feedback, issues, and areas for improvement with our product, marketing, and business development teams.
- Help in developing an incident response and support playbook.
- You’re based in a European or APAC timezone.
- You have excellent written communication skills and are adept at communicating technically complex topics in a simple and understandable way.
- You have deep empathy for users and seek to understand and support their needs.
- You have a strong understanding of crypto culture and technology, driven by personal interest. Demonstrable knowledge of L2s and ZKPs is a strong plus.
- You’re a master communicator and a bit paranoid, able to elegantly avoid toxicity and mind read how content may be negatively perceived.
- You’re a proactive self-starter, able to self-motivate and achieve outstanding results with little guidance or direction.
Working at Matter Labs
- You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options
- The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice
- We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter
- We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive