Maximon is a healthcare investor and company builder with the vision to become a leading player in the field of longevity and healthy aging.
By empowering entrepreneurs to build impactful, science-based, and scalable companies, we aim to prevent and treat age-related disorders and support people in extending their healthy lifespans.
We invest and build companies from a holistic point of view, which includes consumer-oriented healthcare solutions and translate groundbreaking science into clinical applications.
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientific Analyst & Venture Builder with a scientific background to support our medico-scientific team with all science-related activities.
As our Senior Scientific Analyst & Venture Builder you are responsible for:
- Exploring and analyzing markets and trends and identifying new opportunities in a specific field of the healthy aging and longevity industry
- Performing systematic literature searches, interpreting and analyzing publications, summarizing findings in reports
- Establishing and effectively managing industrial and academic collaborations and internal/external partners
- Support the team’s market mapping, initial screening, and subsequent deep due diligence of potential investments
- Participate in due diligence of new opportunities
- Validating specific ideas for new ventures. For ideas that seem promising, you will be a co-lead to build a case
- Supervise junior scientists and analysts
- Support portfolio companies around all science related topics and work hand-in-hand with with the founders on an operational level
- Optimizing existing processes across all areas in the venture as well as creating new processes
- Supporting the recruitment and onboarding of co-founders and team members
- Support ad-hoc projects related to Maximon priorities and initiatives
- Strong academic background with a PhD preferably in the fields of cellular or molecular biology
- Physician-scientist (MD-PhD) and/or experience with translational research beneficial
- Additional industry-specific experience at a consultancy or incubator would be an add-on but not a must
- Always among the top performers of your peer group, whether at university or on the job
- Result-oriented working style and strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Team player with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Passion for longevity and being part of a company with the aim to increase health and life spans
With us as a strong partner by your side:
As our Senior Scientific Analyst & Venture Builder you are building longevity start-up companies together with us from day one. You profit from working with successful and well-known serial entrepreneurs who have co-founded over 20 companies, accompanied 2 IPOs and have raised more than EUR 2bn. On top of that you will cooperate with the brightest (researcher) minds within longevity. You jump-start your career in one of the hottest topics in the coming decades: longevity!
We are looking forward to getting to know you!