Our vision is to transform presentations, meetings and lectures by turning passive audiences into engaged contributors. We make this possible through our interactive presentation platform where the traditional presentation monologue becomes an inclusive dialogue. We believe in the power of together and that the most successful leaders listen to be heard.
With Mentimeter, users become the best presenter they can be. Meetings become more productive, participants learn more and have fun whilst doing it.
We have more than 200 million users and customers worldwide, on our way of making the world a better place, one presentation at a time.
The DPT team:
The Data Platform Team at Mentimeter builds data products and services that influence the future path of the company. The team is part of the larger Data and Analytics organization which consists of other embedded and central teams of data scientists, analysts and insight people. Here, you’ll be working on a data ecosystem that serves all of the departments (Product, Marketing, Sales and Finance) with both data as well as infrastructure. You will have a direct impact on the future of Mentimeter’s business and product decisions.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be involved in architecting and building data platforms to tackle business and technical use cases. We use Heroku and AWS with technologies such as Postgres, Redshift, Looker, ECS, Prefect, dbt, Python, TypeScript and Terraform. Today, your team consists of a Lead, four Data Engineers and three Analytics Engineers.
Further enriching our vision is the emerging potential of Large Language Models (LLMs) and Generative AI. The synergy between LLMs and Mentimeter is a match made in the heavens. We anticipate lots of opportunities in which AI could profoundly influence the evolution of our product and our internal operations. In your capacity as a Senior Data Engineer, you would play a critical role in building the foundations that would fuel this future, with data.
- Architect, integrate and maintain batch and stream data pipelines between operational and analytical databases as well as third party systems.
- Collaborate with product developers, analytics engineers and data scientists to deliver new data features within the data warehouse or other systems.
- Provide contextual and best-practice level contributions to the Data Engineering team from a technical standpoint and ensure proper and scalable architectural decisions and life cycle.
- Collaborate with analytics engineers to validate and ensure high data quality.
- Maintain a performant data warehouse and scale it as needed.
We believe you have:
- A numerate degree and/or previous experience working as a data engineer, data heavy backend developer or similar.
- Experience of software engineering and programming (Python, SQL, Java, Scala) in a professional environment.
- Proficient knowledge of architecture and design (patterns, reliability, scalability, quality) of systems.
- Ability to think strategically to assess priorities, possible solution alternatives and understand trade-offs before committing to a way forward.
- Experience with fast prototyping.
- Good communication and pedagogical skills to lead and coach the technical engineering team.
- Comfortable communicating with a diverse set of technical and business stakeholders in English, especially written (daily work is carried out in English and the Mentimeter team currently boasts 50+ different nationalities).
It is highly beneficial if you have:
- Experience with Data warehouse systems setup and migration.
- Prior tech lead experience.
It is beneficial if you have:
- Experience with GDPR compliance requirements around data in transit and data at rest.
- Experience with stream processing and real time systems.
- Experience with ML engineering.
- Professional experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience with attracting, finding and growing talented professionals.
Please note that this role will have its base in our Stockholm office and is primarily an onsite role with the opportunity to work from home twice per week.
Learn more about Our Ways of Working - Guiding Principles by clicking here.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway and let us know why you would enjoy working in this role at Mentimeter!
Our recruitment process:
1. Introduction interview
3. Competence interview
4. Culture interview
What Mentimeter can offer:
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 200 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension on ITP level. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like San Francisco, Barcelona, Lisbon, Palermo, and Madrid (paid for by us of course). You can read more about our benefits & perks here.
Culture at Mentimeter:
At Mentimeter we believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.
You can read about our culture here.