Our vision is to transform presentations, meetings and lectures by turning passive audiences into engaged contributors. We make this possible through our interactive presentation platform where the traditional presentation monologue becomes an inclusive dialogue. We believe in the power of together and that the most successful leaders listen to be heard.
With Mentimeter, users become the best presenter they can be. Meetings become more productive, participants learn more and have fun whilst doing it.
We have more than 300 million users and customers worldwide, on our way of making the world a better place, one presentation at a time.
Mentimeter is not your average company and we are not looking for your average People & Culture Lead.
Our People are the foundation of everything we are and everything we do, as such we are looking for a genuinely passionate person to join our global People and Culture team and take charge of our burgeoning community in North America.
Ask yourself if the below resonates with you…
Is accelerating business success by scaling culture your thing?
- Are you a senior leader passionate about making teams thrive in fast-scaling organisations? Keep on reading.
- Do you default to lead based on first principles and values rather than detailed policies and hierarchies?
- Are you up for the challenge of making a successful Swedish SaaS scaleup make it big in North America?
If you are nodding your head and feel like we have described you, then keep reading!!
What you’ll do
As the People & Workplace Lead, you will have a critical part to play in driving our existing Menti culture and adding a local, Canadian flavor to our growing team.
Creating, Implementing and constantly Improving our people strategies, you will not only be responsible for the overall company culture but also making sure our way of working is representative of Mentimeter
- Assess, change and implement our People Strategy
- Create and deploy our company handbook for Toronto
- Drive Excellence throughout our leadership and management teams
- Overall responsibility for people processes and assist our Managers with HR related queries / tasks
- Drive our continuous learning environment working in partnership with our People Growth Specialist
- Manage internal and external communications
- Work closely with the General Manager and Sales Directors to define, implement and drive our Employee Branding initiatives.
You won’t be flying solo either, you will manage a growing team of four Individual contributors within P&C:
- Talent Acquisition Specialist
- HR Generalist
- Workplace Experience Lead
- People Growth Specialist
What we expect you can bring to the table
Aside from a genuine passion for people development, we would love for you to have an interest and experience in:
- A minimum of 5 years within a senior People leadership role
- Line Management responsibility
- Professional Growth
- Health and Wellbeing
- Experience of Leading Teams / Departments
- Managing multiple department heads
- Leading large project groups
- Familiarity with team development
- Assessment, creation and management of Performance Goals / Strategies
- Proven experience of creating and implementing a company community that is reflective of our Menti Culture
- People Development Strategy
- Scaling from a people perspective
- A solid and meaningful understanding of the importance of workplace and the impact on individual wellbeing, community, culture and working practices
- Ideally experience of working with SaaS companies of Tech Sales would be beneficial.
If you are still reading at this point and have been nodding your head in agreement, it’s time to send in your application!
Not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? Who does anyway? Please apply!
What Mentimeter can offer:
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 300 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension contributions. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like Barcelona, Lisbon, Palermo, Madrid, cities South of Toronto (for our Toronto colleagues), and cities in APAC (for our Sydney colleagues), paid for by us of course. You can read more about our benefits & perks here.
Culture at Mentimeter:
At Mentimeter we believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.
You can read about our culture here.