Metaview harnesses data and creates powerful insights that help organisations build amazing teams.
It’s a cliche, but that doesn’t stop it being true: people are the most important thing in any organisation. The best organisations know this, and spend 70% of their budget on hiring and rewarding their people. So, how come we continue to make the most important people-related decisions based on guesswork, memory, and feelings, unilluminated by any real data?
The answer is: because it has never been possible to hydrate these decisions with data. Until now.
Metaview is working at the bleeding-edge to create the Talent Intelligence category, so that organisations can enjoy Team and Talent processes that are just as informed by insight and data as other key business areas. Founded by Siadhal and Shahriar after their experiences building teams at Uber and Palantir, we're starting by capturing and analysing data from interviews, which have long been the biggest data leak in the entire hiring process.
We’re backed by phenomenal investors in the US and Europe, and our innovative approach has been covered by Forbes, The Times, and The Independent. If you’re inspired by the idea of changing how teams are built for good, we’d love for you to consider joining us on our mission.
About the job
As one of our first Product Designer, you'll work directly with the founding team on determining the product direction in this nascent stage of the company. You'll have your hands on many aspects of our products and marketing — from research to UI and everything in-between. We're a deliberately small and autonomous team, so you'll end up wearing many hats and having a meaningful impact. Without you, our team is fundamentally incomplete, and we need you to continue delivering products and experiences that our customers genuinely love. In this role, you'll establish the design culture within the company— as we grow, this will include hiring and mentoring.
Ultimately, we believe in building technology that gives people superpowers, not replaces them. This presents a specific set of complex challenges to the design of our products, and you'll be at the core of helping us solve them.
- Responsible for the quality and rigour of design deliverables, from pencil to release, both from deep product work (e.g., features), to external-facing collateral (e.g., product launch material).
- Responsible for design output ranging from initial discovery and customer mapping through to the delivery of the final UI, ideating, and iterating multiple times with depth to avoid jumping too quickly to code. This means involvement in both Structure (user flows & wireframes) and Surface (layout, colours, typography, and iconography).
- Pairing with engineers and the rest of the founding team (currently eight people) throughout the design process to deliver polished, intuitive, and accessible designs.
- Creating cohesive and deliberate in-product design and external-facing marketing or fundraising collateral consistent with the Metaview brand (that you'll be an instrumental part of constructing).
- Working pragmatically and balancing the ideal user experience with knowing where and when to make trade-offs based on technical constraints or product priorities.
- Testing your designs with users, run experiments, dive into data, and iterate based on what you've learned.
- Have led the design of best-in-class products at a fast-growing company.
- Have a strong track record of shipping B2B SaaS products people love.
- Take complete ownership, responsibility, and accountability for your work on every last detail, every step of the way.
- Make well-thought-out design decisions, understand problems, and then advocate for the best possible user experience.
- Are outstanding teammates, communicators, and facilitators.
- Have a portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills with solid experience in prototyping and interaction design.
- Are outcome-oriented. You're never happier than when you're making it happen.
- Love going together. You know how to lead when to follow, and when to disagree and commit.
- Have felt the pain of lack of data-informedness when making team-building decisions.
- You want to make an impact and have fun. Not just one of the two.
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and trade-offs.
Benefits & Perks
- Equipment - choice of MacBook, peripherals, and product subscriptions for work.
- Unlimited time off - you should feel empowered to take as much time off as you need.
- Retreats - quarterly retreats for everyone to get together.
- Books - 100% reimbursement on work-related books.
- Global offices - If you’re not near a hub with a dedicated Metaview office, we’ll get you a WeWork All Access Membership, or equivalent.
- Relocation - We can help you relocate to the UK if needed and can sponsor visas.
- Remote - We work with Remote.com to hire locally.
- Stock options - We offer competitive salaries and stock options based on skills and growth rate. We benchmark stock options to US tech companies, not Europe, so your equity will be truly meaningful.
- Culture - you’ll be surrounded by people at the top of their game, building something that is difficult, and that truly matters. We have a high-trust, mature culture that prioritises impact AND fun. Life’s too short to not have both.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.