Metaview harnesses data and creates powerful insights that help organisations build amazing teams.
It’s a cliche, but that doesn’t stop it being true: people are the most important thing in any organisation. The best organisations know this, and spend 70% of their budget on hiring and rewarding their people. So, how come we continue to make the most important people-related decisions based on guesswork, memory, and feelings, unilluminated by any real data?
The answer is: because it has never been possible to hydrate these decisions with data. Until now.
Metaview is working at the bleeding-edge to create the Talent Intelligence category, so that organisations can enjoy Team and Talent processes that are just as informed by insight and data as other key business areas. Founded by Siadhal and Shahriar after their experiences building teams at Uber and Palantir, we're starting by capturing and analysing data from interviews, which have long been the biggest data leak in the entire hiring process.
We’re backed by phenomenal investors in the US and Europe, and our innovative approach has been covered by Forbes, The Times, and The Independent. If you’re inspired by the idea of changing how teams are built for good, we’d love for you to consider joining us on our mission.
About the job
At Metaview, a Product Engineer is a customer-obsessed, product-focused, Software Engineer. As one of our first Product Engineers, you’ll lead the design, development, and operations of our products. We’re a small and autonomous team, so, you’ll end up wearing many hats and having meaningful impact.
It doesn’t matter what languages and tools you know when you join us, but it does matter that you can write clean, effective code and be excited by learning new languages and tools. Our software is constantly evolving, so we need engineers who can do the same. Our current stack consists of tools and technologies such as:
- Typescript and React to write our frontend application code.
- Python to write our backend application code.
- Serverless Framework for creating and managing our application infrastructure.
- AWS for all of our infrastructure.
- Terraform for managing the foundation of our AWS stacks.
Of course, we expect you’ll also be a significant part of what gets added to and removed from this list in the next version of this job description.
- You care deeply about customer needs, the problems they face, and therefore the products we're building to solve them.
- You’re excited by the ambiguity of being one of the first employees in an early-stage company.
- You care deeply about your growth and the rate at which you grow. The success of our company is a function of the people in our team.
- Your growth rate will be directly causal to Metaview’s growth rate. We spend a lot of time thinking about each other’s success paths.
- You get excited about learning new things, writing blog posts and going to conferences to talk about all things product and engineering.
- Background in either CS or Maths and experience in a product company are highly desirable.
Benefits & Perks
- Equipment - choice of MacBook, peripherals, and product subscriptions for work.
- Unlimited time off - you should feel empowered to take as much time off as you need.
- Retreats - quarterly retreats for everyone to get together.
- Books - 100% reimbursement on work-related books.
- Global offices - If you’re not near a hub with a dedicated Metaview office, we’ll get you a WeWork All Access Membership, or equivalent.
- Relocation - We can help you relocate to the UK if needed and can sponsor visas.
- Remote - We work with Remote.com to hire locally.
- Stock options - We offer competitive salaries and stock options based on skills and growth rate. We benchmark stock options to US tech companies, not Europe, so your equity will be truly meaningful.
- Culture - you’ll be surrounded by people at the top of their game, building something that is difficult, and that truly matters. We have a high-trust, mature culture that prioritises impact AND fun. Life’s too short to not have both.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.