About the team
Our products around staff management and shifts are the key to provide an optimal supply and high efficiency, while maintaining a high level of driver happiness. We provide the tooling that enables shift planners, vehicle service staff and drivers to be the best and most efficient in their jobs.
We are a small stream aligned team of engineers and domain experts, aiming to deliver software that meets the highest engineering quality in terms of testability, performance and software architecture. We strive for excellence, are always eager to research, learn and adopt best practices and feel confident in using cutting edge technology.
What you will do
- Design and implement new microservices for our backend systems using AWS serverless technologies like Lambda, DynamoDB and SQS
- Pushing forward our Employee and Shift Services mainly written in Kotlin
- Make data driven engineering decisions
- Take responsibility for not only building but also running your systems
(“you build it, you run it”)
- Own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver and operate serverless applications
- Work in a collaborative environment, share knowledge with colleagues, do code reviews and pair programming
What will help you to fulfill your role
- Experience in Kotlin, Typescript, Python and GraphQL
- Experience in working with serverless AWS services Lambda, DynamoDB and SQS
- Understanding of distributed systems and event-driven communication
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, event-driven architecture and DevOps
- Passionate about developing tailored solutions
- Good communication skills and interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional teams
- Fluent communication in English
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for a few weeks per year (currently, EU citizens can work from other EU countries while other cases are checked individually). Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. We can share them with you during the hiring process.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 250 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.