About the team
As the Customer Growth Team, we aim to make MOIA a regular mobility choice for potential customers. Our team owns the app's customer growth funnel and works closely with the Marketing and Customer Support teams. Together, we’re constantly improving customer acquisition, activation, retention, and referral.
We live by the saying: “you build it, you run it”. We strive for calm nights and weekends without incidents by delivering solid and high-quality products. We are a diverse team of backend and app developers, quality specialists and designers with different strengths and characters. We value open communication and constructive discussions, always support each other and strongly believe that a team works best as a collective.
What you will do
- As a Backend Engineer (m/f/d), you will build and maintain self-contained services.
- You will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver and operate serverless applications using AWS Lambda.
- You will be part of a team that continuously improves software quality, performs code reviews and encourages pair programming. You and your team will take ownership of the whole development cycle - from ideation over design to implementation and maintenance.
What will help you to fulfill your role
- Experience in Kotlin
- Experience with building and running distributed systems based on Cloud Services, CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience in AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB or AWS Cognito is a plus
- Passion for software development and interest in working in agile teams using modern programming languages
- Good communication skills and interest in being part of a highly autonomous and cross-functional team
- Dedication for collaborating and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, event-driven architecture and DevOps is always welcome
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
In case you have questions regarding your application, you can approach the recruiter Veronica directly.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for up to 4 weeks per year from over 40 different countries - Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. You can find them here.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 300 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.