What you will do
- Create developer workflow efficiency: design, implement and manage innovative solutions that are fit for purpose and are reliable, developer friendly, and secure.
- Communicate effectively: within your team, fellow members of technology, and your wider stakeholder community.
- Solution driven: Deliver solutions that our developers love and that enable them to deliver a great product to the world.
What will help you to fulfil your role
The ideal candidate understands what developers love and how modern solutions look like. The loves solving problems and bringing the different perspectives and requirements together.
- Coding skills in a programming language (we mainly use Go and Typescript).
- If you love and live the "you build it, you run it" mentality and are passionate about cloud services (such as AWS); you'll be an excellent fit for our team
- Deep experience in architecting, building and running highly available systems.
- Strong analytical fact discovery and critical thinking skills.
- Supports blameless culture and real problem-solving in cooperation with other teams.
- Agile mindset and working experience with agile methods.
- A strong background as a Software Engineer in a leadership role would be a plus.
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany (currently, EU citizens can work from other EU countries while other cases are checked individually)
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals, mental unload workshops, and company doctor
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 250 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.