Join us on a shared journey that matters!
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 250 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.
About the team
You will join the MOIA Backoffice Platform team: we develop cross-cutting concerns while supporting cross-functional teams working on their respective area in the MOIA Backoffice – a sophisticated internal web-app that helps to manage MOIA operations.
Our responsibilities include
- the user management – consisting of frontend and backend
- the continuous integration and deployment automation of the MOIA Backoffice
- the Pattern Library – a component library to ensure a consistent design throughout the whole application
What you will do
- Take ownership for a part of the MOIA Backoffice together with your team for the whole development cycle
- Drive technical excellence for our product while keeping user and business needs in mind
- Write well-structured, efficient, and maintainable code and actively keep the quality of the codebase in check
- Join a cross-functional team from time to time for a few weeks to support them in developing frontend features and to get the full picture
- Learn new things every day and share your knowledge
- Enjoy working with kind and smart people
What will help you to fulfil your role
You have a good understanding of Software Engineering in general and are not afraid to learn new technologies. You are flexible to work on other technologies if needed, while being humble to ask experts for help.
Our stack includes:
- AWS Lambda
- AWS S3
- AWS Cognito
- GitHub Actions
We don’t expect you to be proficient in all of these technologies. Tell us which of them you already used and why you think you can learn those you didn’t use yet.
Like us, you highly value:
- Being responsible and trustworthy
- Collaborative mindset
- T-shaped approach
- Blameless learning culture
- Keeping cool in challenging situations
- Proactive communication and solution orientation
- Engineering over hacking
- You have experience working with any of the JVM languages (Java, Kotlin or Scala) - we use Kotlin, so you should be open for working with new technologies if you haven't used it in the past
- A degree in Computer Science, or self-taught with equivalent working experience
- Experience working in a self-organized agile environment
- Ability to understand and express complex problems in English
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our Benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Flexible working hours and work arrangements
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for your home office setup
- Four weeks per year of remote work from outside of Germany
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidization of a fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, conferences, and language classes
- Mental health trainings, consultation, and company doctor
- 30 days of vacation
- Relocation support
- Dog-friendly offices (in our Hamburg location)
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Apply with a few clicks by uploading your CV or submitting your LinkedIn profile.