Join us on a shared journey that matters!
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 250 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.
About the team
You will join the Fleet Control team: we develop the Fleet Control Center as part of our MOIA Backoffice – a sophisticated internal web app that helps to manage vehicles on the streets. We continuously improve the in-field vehicle operation for our users: the agents working at the MOIA hubs. We build software that helps them understand, steer and observe our in-field vehicles.
We are an autonomous, cross-functional team of software engineers with a passion for agile software development. We are looking for you – an ambitious Fullstack Engineer willing to grow and learn how to develop robust, high-quality distributed systems using a serverless tech stack and modern frontend technologies. You can count on our help and support in your journey, but you will also be able to spread your wings, work independently and make a meaningful impact on the company and our users.
What you will do
- You will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver and operate backend services and frontend features.
- Ensure the quality of your code with a healthy dose of unit, integration and end-to-end tests.
- You will be part of a team which continuously improves software quality, applies code reviews, and encourages pair programming. You and your team will take ownership for the whole development cycle - from ideation over design to implementation and maintenance.
- Learn new things every day and share your knowledge.
- Build and maintain self-contained serverless backend services on AWS Lambda as well as frontend features using React.
What will help you to fulfill your role
- You are excited to work in high-performance teams, love solving problems, are eager to learn and can thrive in a startup culture.
- Passion for software development and interest for working in agile teams using modern programming languages.
- A collaborative mindset and T-shaped approach.
- Knowledge of current trends in software design and a strong interest in further development.
- Good communication skills and interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional teams.
- Fluent communication in English.
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our primary programming language for backend and frontend is TypeScript. Additionally, we use:
- Jest, React Testing Library and Cypress
- AWS (preferably serverless services including Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, SQS, SNS, CDK)
- GitHub Actions
We don’t expect you to be proficient in all technologies of our stack. Tell us which of them you already used and why you think you can learn those you didn’t use yet.
Our Benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Flexible working hours and work arrangements
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for your home office setup
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidization of a fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, conferences, and language classes
- Mental health trainings, consultation, and company doctor
- 30 days of vacation
- Relocation support
- Dog-friendly offices (in our Hamburg location)
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Apply with a few clicks by uploading your CV or submitting your LinkedIn profile.