Join us on a shared journey that matters!
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 250 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.
About the team
Our Booking team covers the start of our customers' journeys. From choosing the trip locations on the map, over prebooking options, and offering different trip windows together with pricing in an easy and understandable way, all the way to finalizing the user’s choice, the Booking team has a big impact on the success of our product.
We are a diverse team of Backend and App Developers, Quality Specialists and Designers with all different kinds of strengths and characters. We always support each other and strongly believe that a team works best as a collective.
What you will do
- You will work in a bottom-up managed, autonomous, cross-functional team that will continuously test new ideas and evaluate their potential.
- You and your team will work like a startup and take ownership of the whole development cycle - from ideation over design to implementation, quality assurance and maintenance.
- Grow and please our user base by A/B-testing new features which users love.
- Use the latest technologies and features the Android platform has to offer.
- The software you will be working on is the number one interface our customers are interacting with and plays a big part in defining the MOIA user experience.
Our application is built around unidirectional data flows and high attention to detail in the UI. Our Android tech stack looks like this:
- Android Jetpack
- RxJava3 (PoC Coroutines)
- Google Maps
- AWS IoT
- Protocol Buffers
- 100% Kotlin
- Compose taking over?!
What will help you to fulfill your role
We are deeply invested in Android technologies.
You are comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, love solving problems, are eager to share your knowledge, are excited to work in high-performance teams, and can thrive in a start-up culture. Besides that, you:
- have a bright mind, but stay humble
- know your Git and Gradle
- speak English and Kotlin
- have a few years of programming experience
- like to interact with fellow Developers, Product Owners, Quality Specialists, Designers and other Stakeholders
- call the Android SDK your home, but fly out on a composable Jetpack
- like to share your knowledge with colleagues and beyond (Android Meetups or Droidcons anyone?)
- care about a well maintained, scalable and tested codebase
- have a certain eye for product- and UI-quality as well
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
In case you have questions regarding your application, you can approach the recruiter Veronica directly.
Our Benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Flexible working hours and work arrangements
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for your home office setup
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidization of a fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, conferences, and language classes
- Mental health trainings, consultation, and company doctor
- 30 days of vacation
- Relocation support
- Dog-friendly offices (in our Hamburg location)
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Apply with a few clicks by uploading your CV or submitting your LinkedIn profile.