Join us in our Trip Experience or Customer Growth team on a shared journey that matters!
The Trip Experience team defines and builds the digital user experience from the moment a customer booked a trip until they get dropped off. That means designing and building systems that guide users towards the right place at the right time to get pick-up, giving them all the information so they can onboard one of our cars and know where they are going, to the moment they step out, reach their destination and leave us some feedback. The team is working on iOS, Android and in-vehicle apps and builds and runs the backend systems necessary to deliver that experience.
The Customer Growth team does everything in their power to attract new customers who love every minute with us. Together with the Marketing and Customer Support Teams, the team works on making MOIA a habit.
As part of your application, you can let us know which team sounds more interesting to you. During the hiring process, we will work together to find out which team would be the best fit for you and you will also get more in-depth information on what to expect when you join.
The teams work with a modern tech stack:
The teams follow a Serverless architecture in AWS and use Go to build Lambda functions. The Customer Growth team additionally uses Kotlin. Since the infrastructure is defined in CDK you will also find some Typescript in their projects. The tech stack in a nutshell:
- AWS Serverless (Lambda, DynamoDB, APIGateway, SQS, Cloudwatch, Cognito)
- AWS CDK
- Go (and Kotlin)
What you will do
- As a Backend Engineer (m/f/d) you will build and maintain self-contained services
- You will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver and operate serverless applications using AWS Lambda
- You will be part of a team that continuously improves software quality, applies code reviews and encourages pair programming. You and your team will take ownership of the whole development cycle - from ideation over design to implementation and maintenance.
What will help you to fulfill your role
- You have hands-on experience building reliable backend systems and a DevOps mentality (you build it, you run it, you love it)
- You have knowledge of some of the technologies mentioned above and are willing to learn the missing ones
- You are passionate about software development and interested in working in agile teams using modern programming languages
- You enjoy collaborating and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Good communication skills and interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional team
- We communicate in English so you should be fluent in spoken and written form
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany (currently, EU citizens can work from other EU countries while other cases are checked individually)
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals, mental unload workshops, and company doctor
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 250 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.