What is a Chapter Lead at MOIA?
As a Chapter Lead, you will have a 50:50 role split between people responsibilities and day-to-day work as a developer. In addition to being hands-on and part of a team, you are responsible for the growth journey and development of your chapter members (chaptees).
You will become part of one of our newly formed teams
To make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality we are building up the new business domain Vehicle Integration with new product development teams. These teams develop the applications and tools needed to enable autonomous passenger management within our MOIA vehicles in a world without a driver: How do passengers authenticate themselves in the vehicle without a driver? How to ensure a safe cabin at all times during boarding and during the ride? Which content should be displayed on the vehicle screens to provide the passenger with a safe and informative user experience?
During our first conversation, we will figure out together which team fits best you next to your responsibilities as a Chapter Lead. You will also get more in-depth information on what to expect when you join.
What you will do
- As Chapter Lead, you enjoy spending up to 50% of your time on very empathetic people leadership tasks – depending on your and your chaptees preferences
- Connect with your chaptees across teams to enable their career development at MOIA.
- Together with the other Chapter Leads in MOIA, you will contribute to enhancements in our culture and organisational setup in times of growth
- Together with other developers of the team, you will research and develop passenger management systems for an autonomously driving mobility service
- Depending on the team you will join, you will contribute to the development and maintainance of the full software stack running on our in-vehicle ECU, from the underlying OS to the applications including HMI, telemetry, and camera stream processing
- Breathe agile working methodologies: you follow DevOps best practices, automated testing, infrastructure as code, continuous deployment, and production observability
- In collaboration with other roles, you will be responsible for fair and unbiased salaries across your chapter
What will help you to fulfill your role
- You have experience in automotive software development, in SiL and HiL environments using relevant tools (e.g. Vector CANoe, dSpace ControlDesk, ...)
- Having experience of setting up and maintaining test management tools
- You are comfortable driving the test strategy for vehicle software components
- You know how to keep an overview of your team’s workstreams and their respective releases
- Willingness to travel 1-2 days per month (if the situation during the pandemic allows) to our partners in Berlin or Wolfsburg
- Experience (being open for) working in cross-functional and agile teams
- You have experience in leading people, taking care of their career growth
- Knowledgeable with some of the utilized software stacks like Yocto and ROS2
- Working knowledge with a leading cloud provider such as AWS is a plus
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role yet. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our Benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany (currently, EU citizens can work from other EU countries while other cases are checked individually)
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals, mental unload workshops, and company doctor
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
Our teams within Vehicle Integration:
- Vehicle Mission: Develops automated vehicle routines across the customer journey
- Cabin Surveillance & Safety: Provides a real-time video stream of the cabin to the remote service operator and actions to interact with the vehicle
- Operator Interaction: Builds a platform to inform the passenger about critical incidents and to provide the remote service operator all vehicle details to operate the ridesharing service
- Vehicle Foundation: Is responsible for updating our vehicle software over-the-air (OTA), ensures security aspects for the teams and builds tooling for rapid feature development
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 250 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.