Join us as a Senior BSoftware Engineer (m/f/d) in our Trip Execution team and join us in a shared journey that matters!
About the team
You will be part of the team who is responsible for executing a customer’s trip after they book one through our app. Together, we find the right MOIA for the customer, manage their journey, and make sure they reach their destination on time. To achieve this, the Trip Execution team is set up as a cross-functional team that owns a distributed back-end system. With this core responsibility, this makes your role as a Senior Backend Software Engineer an essential part of MOIA’s business model and will allow you to have a direct impact on the product and company.
What you will do
As a part of the Trip Execution team, you will be responsible for making sure that our vehicles pick up and deliver our customers on time. For that we work on a highly distributed system which is connected to our fleets and customers. To make sure that trips can be fulfilled, we also work on an integration layer that is connected to many of MOIA’s specialized sub-systems and allows us to:
- Execute trips by finding the right vehicle for a customer.
- Optimally distribute our fleet over a city to match predicted demand.
- Schedule breaks for our drivers.
- Improve time estimations for customers and drivers.
- Manage vehicle maintenance.
In our team you will have the chance to take on responsibility and ownership of projects spanning the organization. You will help the team to extend and improve on the current architecture by bringing in your system design experience and facilitation skills.
Day-to-day work will include application programming in Scala and TypeScript. You will additionally support setting up CI/CD pipelines for a robust build and release process as well as cloud resources for reliable production systems.
What will help you to fulfil your role
We’re looking for an engineer with experience, ideally in the following areas. Don’t feel discouraged if you don’t meet all the enlisted skills. At MOIA we embrace and celebrate individual growth and learning from each other.
- Experience driving projects and a willingness to take ownership of entire workstreams and manage multiple internal stakeholders
- Experience and willingness to mentor and coach other developers on the team.
- Customer focus and value-oriented thinking when building applications.
- Experience or strong interest in functional programming and/or Scala. Most of our team’s services are Scala services so an interest in the language is essential.
- Experience working with distributed systems and asynchronous, event-based communication.
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or AWS Lambda, as well as AWS managed services or a similar cloud platform using infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience in system design, understanding and improving system architecture.
- Communicate fluently in English.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for up to 4 weeks per year from over 40 different countries - Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. You can find them here.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 300 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.