What is a Chapter Lead at MOIA?
As a Chapter Lead, you will have a 50:50 role split between people responsibilities and day-to-day work as an engineer. In addition to being hands-on and part of a team, you are responsible for the growth journey and development of your chapter members (chaptees).
Join us as a Chapter Lead Data Engineering (m/f/d) in our Data Platform team on a shared journey that matters!
Your future team consists of Data Engineers who assure that all data generated at MOIA can be accessed and processed on our data platform. We highly rely on a wide variety of AWS services to build our data products and keep our stack as serverless as possible. You will work at the core of MOIAs data engine room and interact with colleagues from 25+ different Teams. We push for decentralization and will provide tools, operate services, and evangelize best practices so that data at MOIA is processed in an efficient, secure and privacy compliant way. We strive towards enabling our users to work as independently and self-sufficiently as possible.
What you will do
- As Chapter Lead, you enjoy supporting your chaptees on their personal growth journey and career development. Together with the other Chapter Leads in MOIA, you will contribute to enhancements in our culture and organizational setup in times of growth
- Together with the team, you will design, implement and maintain MOIAs core data infrastructure and optimize MOIAs data platform towards performance and efficiency
- You will design and develop frameworks and tools which support all teams at MOIA to implement, maintain and automate their data workloads
- Collaborate with our distributed analytics teams to improve the resilience, performance and quality of their data products and pipelines
- Challenge the status quo, when necessary, in pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement
- Breathe agile working methodologies: you follow DevOps best practices, automated testing, infrastructure as code, continuous deployment, and production observability
What will help you to fulfill your role
- You have experience in leading people, distributing knowledge across your chaptees and taking care of their career growth
- Work experience as a Data Platform Engineer, (Big) Data Engineer or Cloud Platform Engineer
- A strong command of either Python or a modern JVM based programming language like Scala or Kotlin.
- Strong understanding of distributed SQL query engines like Athena or Presto and cloud data warehouses like Redshift or Snowflake
- Experience writing ETL/ELT data pipelines with Spark, pandas or dbt
- Familiarity with the AWS Platform and its Services (Kinesis, Lambda, ECS, Lake Formation, EMR, Athena, Glue, IAM)
- You are passionate about Infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Worked closely with Platform Owners (road mapping, break-down of work, balancing support, extending or sunsetting sections of the platform)
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our Benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany (currently, EU citizens can work from other EU countries while other cases are checked individually)
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals, mental unload workshops, and company doctor
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 250 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.