Join us as a Product Owner (m/f/d) in our VGA team on a shared journey that matters!
You will join the Vehicle Guidance Application (VGA) team, whose mission is to guide our drivers when they are in our vehicles. Mainly they are on their way to fulfill our customers’ trips, but also in some cases moving around in the city, e.g. for taking a break, or optimizing spatial distribution of the fleet.
We are a cross-functional team of engineers, designers and domain experts, passionately striving to make a real impact by building meaningful software solutions that our users love.
We live by the saying: “you build it, you run it”. We strive for calm nights and weekends without incidents by delivering software with the highest engineering quality. We value open communication, constructive discussions and prioritize collaboration and knowledge exchange within the team and across teams.
What you will do
- Be an advocate for our drivers’ perspective, put yourself into their shoes and understand what they need during their shifts to deliver a great experience to our customers
- Empower the team to build impactful features to solve those problems
- Ensure that the software used by the driver, in combination to the provided hardware, is a stable and reliable tool as our service cannot operate without it
- Use different insight sources (user research, UX research, integrated testing) to identify potentials with an impact towards our mission, strategy and measurable goals
- Prepare and prioritize new features as epics and stories for planning and refinement meetings within the team
- Represent the team within the Product community
- Strive to deliver the best possible MOIA experience for our customers AND our drivers
- Create alignment within the team as well as with other teams to manage dependencies and timelines for cross-team functionalities
- Be in close contact with our operational partners (Stop Network Managers, Driver Managers, Hub Agents) in regular onsite and offsite formats
What will help you to fulfill your role
You are comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, love solving complex problems, are keen on managing multiple stakeholders with different backgrounds, are excited to work in high-performance teams and can thrive in a startup culture.
- Excellence: You mastered the skill to find the balance between business, stakeholder and user needs. You are able to create a shared understanding to ensure your prioritization is aligned and understood by all relevant parties.
- Visionary: You think big, craft compelling visions for your ideas and understand what makes your products commercially viable (or not).
- Pragmatist: You get things done, make sound decisions and resolve issues effectively.
- Excellent communicator: People enjoy working with you because you communicate well and evoke optimism, even when you’re communicating complex information. You inspire people by translating your in-depth domain expertise into clear and straightforward language. Plus, you are not afraid of asking a lot of questions to refine your understanding.
- You have technical understanding of software systems, but let the team figure out architecture and implementation
- Fluent communication in English & German
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- Nice to have: experience with Android products and an integrated view on how software performs on dedicated hardware are a plus
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role yet. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for a few weeks per year (currently, EU citizens can work from other EU countries while other cases are checked individually). Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. We can share them with you during the hiring process.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 250 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.