Join us as a Scala Software Engineer (all levels) in our Enabling Team on a shared journey that matters!
Our Scala Enabling Team ensures that every Scala developer at MOIA has the environment and support needed to provide the best experience to our customers. If you are a creative and enthusiastic person who enjoys pairing with other Scala developers in different teams, this role might be for you!
There are many Scala Teams at MOIA who are taking care of creating offers, executing trips, managing payment and much more. As a Scala Enabler, you will support all of them by direct collaboration with them on their technical challenges. Hence, as a Scala Enabler, you will get a chance to scale your impact across many teams.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain useful Scala open-source and internal libraries
- Prepare and execute impactful changes across our microservices architecture, such as upgrading the projects to use Scala 3 and JDK 17
- Collaborate with the development teams so that they can focus on the product instead of technical woes
- Promote Scala and educate developers by organizing internal and public workshops and meetups.
- Lastly, from this team, you will also support our hiring efforts
These responsibilities make us an essential part of MOIA’s development process and give us a direct and high-leverage impact on the company’s success and its culture.
What will help you to fulfil your role
- Able to influence and coach other people to achieve more by closer collaboration
- Experience in Scala or a JVM language with strong interest in making Scala your bread and butter
- Interest in writing and maintaining libraries
- Enthusiasm to receive and give feedback in pairing and code review sessions
- Belief in open and transparent communication
- Fluent communication in written and verbal English
We want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the requirements listed here. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for up to 4 weeks per year from over 40 different countries - Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. You can find them here.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Get more insights on how we work on our blog or follow us on Twitter to find out more about our hiring process.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 300 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.