Join us as a Chapter Lead (m/f/d) in our Customer Growth or Enabling team on a shared journey that matters!
If you are a creative and enthusiastic person who enjoys a 50/50 split between people growth and day-to-day work as an individual contributor, this role might be for you!
As a Chapter Lead, you will help your chapter members (Chaptees) to grow and develop in the context of MOIA. Your Chaptees will be other Backend Developer (mostly in Scala, Go and Kotlin). Hence, in this role, you will get a chance to scale your impact across many teams and help individuals to become successful within our organization.
In addition, as a Chapter Lead, you will continue to code in your preferred tech stack (Scala or Kotlin) and join one of our teams:
- Enabling Team (Scala) ensures that every Scala developer at MOIA has the environment and support needed to provide the best experience to our customers. There are many Scala Teams at MOIA who are taking care of creating offers, executing trips, managing payment and much more. As a Scala Enabler, you will support all of them by collaborating with them on their technical challenges.
- Customer Growth (Kotlin) aims to make MOIA a regular mobility choice for potential customers. The team owns the app's customer growth funnel and works closely with the Marketing and Customer Support teams. Together, they are constantly improving customer acquisition, activation, retention, and referral.
What you will do
- As Chapter Lead, you enjoy spending up to 50% of your time on very empathetic people leadership tasks – depending on your and your Chaptees preferences
- Connect with your Chaptees across teams to enable their career development at MOIA
- Together with the other Chapter Leads in MOIA, you will contribute to enhancements in our culture and organizational setup
- In the team, you will build and maintain self-contained services
- Prepare and execute impactful changes across our microservices architecture
- Own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver and operate our applications
- On a day-to-day basis, you will pair, plan, collaborate and occasionally fix a broken pipeline
What will help you to fulfill your role
- You have experience leading people and taking care of their career growth
- You can influence and coach other people to achieve more by closer collaboration
- Proven experience in Kotlin or Scala/JVM language
- Dedication for collaborating and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Experience in AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB or AWS Cognito is a plus
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, event-driven architecture and DevOps is always welcome
- Belief in open and transparent communication
- Fluent communication in written and verbal English
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
In case you have questions regarding your application, you can approach the recruiter Patty directly.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for up to 4 weeks per year from over 40 different countries - Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. You can find them here.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. Also, we are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Get more insights on how we work on our blog or follow us on Twitter to find out more about our hiring process.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 300 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.