Join us as a (Senior) Backend Engineer (m/f/d) in our Supply Planning team on a shared journey that matters!
The Supply Planning team is responsible for ensuring we always have enough vehicles on the road, whether they are operated by drivers or soon, autonomously.
Our products around staff management and shifts are the key to provide an optimal supply and high efficiency, while maintaining a high level of driver happiness. We provide automated and intelligent tooling that enables shift planners, vehicle service staff and drivers to be the best and most efficient in their jobs.
We are a small stream aligned team of engineers and domain experts, aiming to deliver software that meets the highest engineering quality in terms of testability, performance and software architecture. We strive for excellence, are always eager to research, learn and adopt best practices and feel confident in using cutting edge technology.
What you will do
- Implement services to manage driver and vehicle shifts and therefore guarantee we always have enough vehicles on the road
- Design and continuously optimize these solutions according to our business goals
- Decide on the technologies and tools to deliver the best outcomes
- Make data driven engineering decisions
- Collaborate successfully with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient product development
- Support the team with expert knowledge and guidance, mentor colleagues in your field of expertise and provide direction if needed as part of your daily work
- Be part of the full development life cycle, from design to implementation, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Work in a bottom-up managed, autonomous, cross-functional team together with other talented engineers
- Contribute to further development of our tech stack and community, and discover organizational inefficiencies and proposes changes. Your voice is heard!
What will help you to fulfill your role
- Ability to conceptualise, plan the implementation of and communicate complex technical ideas
- Experience in Kotlin, Typescript, Python and GraphQL
- Experience in working with serverless AWS services Lambda, DynamoDB and SQS
- Experience with Serverless Framework and/or CDK
- Understanding of distributed systems and event-driven communication
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, event-driven architecture and DevOps
- Bonus: Experience/interest to work with React.js
- Passion about developing tailored solutions
- Good communication skills, with English fluency and the ability to coordinate work efficiently across autonomous and cross-functional teams
- Provides mentoring to other engineers (pair programming, code reviews, feedback)
- Ownership and support in the decision-making process for a larger technical concern, e.g. strategy for handling technical debt
- Openness to changes in the highly disruptive innovative environment of autonomous driving
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role since we are looking for a diverse range of experiences, skills, and interests. We are certain that there will be something for everyone because we are working on such a variety of tasks and embrace individual growth at MOIA.
In case you have questions regarding your application, you can approach the recruiter Veronica directly.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for up to 4 weeks per year from over 40 different countries - Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully subsidized) for commuting and traveling throughout Germany and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. You can find them here.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are dedicated to actively fostering a workplace that celebrates and promotes diversity in various aspects such as age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA, we embrace a culture where people are accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
In our commitment to promoting diversity and inclusivity, we regularly provide unconscious bias training to all our employees. Furthermore, we continuously strive to enhance our hiring process by ensuring a diverse hiring panel.
To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include your picture, age, address, or any other details that are unrelated to your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 300 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA ridepooling vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.