Our Commercial Team plays an essential role in bringing Mondu's customer-first philosophy to life. The team's mission is to serve customers and partners through the whole value chain journey - offering the right product portfolio, securing a fast onboarding, and smooth technical integration.
Additionally, our team makes sure that our customers stay satisfied and ensures sustainable cooperation in the long run.
We are looking for a partnerships manager who will play an essential role in achieving a key business priority of one of the most exciting start-ups of the global FinTech industry: Building and scaling an ecosystem of partners to realize synergies and boost Mondu’s growth. You will be joining the ride early on, working in the Commercial Department, driven by the ambition to empower the broadest possible customer base in Europe and beyond. As a Partner Manager, you'll be pioneering our indirect distribution efforts and help build and grow relationships with some of the biggest payment service providers and B2B webshop agencies, amongst others. You are directly responsible for driving one of Mondu’s key metrics, our top-line growth.
👩💻👨💻What you’ll do:
- You are the face of Mondu in the DACH region and foster relationships with industry leaders through various channels (outbound, network, events + anything you can prove worth doing), continuously sourcing and qualifying more partners with strategic fit
- You own the partnership process end-to-end, from outreach over nurturing to closing, including negotiating terms and arranging contracts.
- You develop a compelling value proposition and tailor it to each potential partner, including mutually beneficial business development opportunities and combined go-to-market plans
- You track, analyze and communicate your key results and proactively identify and test opportunities for improvement.
- You refine and execute our indirect distribution and partnerships strategy and develop creative ideas and initiatives to build our partnerships pipeline further.
- You collaborate with our sales, customer success, and product teams, ensuring that our efforts are aligned and we execute efficiently together
🏅What do you need to succeed in this role?
- 3+ years of experience in business development or partnerships, ideally at a fast-growth B2B startup or tech company. Alternatively, experience in a top-tier management consulting firm with relevant project experience
- You easily build new relationships and naturally turn strangers into promoters
- You are an excellent communicator, with clear and concise articulation and have impeccable presentation skills in German and in English
- You are highly determined and ambitious such that you leave no stone unturned when it comes to achieving your goals
- You have a strategic mindset with excellent planning and project management skills, which allow you to drive and manage also large and potentially complex partnerships successfully
- You are curious, resilient, and have a can-do attitude, always up for suggesting innovative solutions
- And - last but not least - you are kind, honest, and generally have an open mind.
It would be a plus if you also:
- Have expertise, insights, and a network within the payments, B2B eCommerce, and fintech ecosystems.
Please note: Do not be put off from applying because you believe you cannot tick every box. If you think you can support, and you really want to join our growing venture, we would love to hear from you.
🎁 What's in it for you?
- €1000 per year for you to contribute to your learning & development to help you grow professionally and personally.
- €480 per year for your well-being outside of work for mobility, home, gaming, food & drink
- €300 per year for you to endorse team build, including dinners, games, and events
- 30 vacation days per year
- A flexible visa and relocation package powered by our partner Jobbatical
- Work where you are most efficient, be it at the office or home, as much as you like.
- Take advantage of our Workation policy, allowing for up to 12 weeks every year work outside of Germany (some restrictions apply)
- You can accelerate your career and take ownership of your work and development in a flat hierarchy where 360 feedback is encouraged
🦸Are you a Monduneer in disguise?
Working in a truly diverse group makes us stronger and more resilient. Furthermore, it enables an unfair advantage - the opportunity to learn from each other, see different perspectives, and consider a broader range of variables in our decision-making. That is what being a Monduneer is all about.
Thus, regardless of your background, age, disability, gender, parental status, race, religion, sexual orientation, educational background, or any other aspect you feel is a statement of your diversity, we look forward to discussing your role in mind.
If you believe you are a Monduneer in disguise, and it's time for you to shine, submit your application, and we'll take it from there.
Mondu is a Berlin-based Fintech company in the B2B payments space whose purpose is to simplify the financial lives of SMBs so that they can focus on business. Mondu provides a BNPL solution for B2B, which helps merchants and marketplaces to improve conversion rate and protect themselves against default risk, while alleviating the operational burden of collection and dunning. Business buyers benefit from payment flexibility that improves their cash flow and allows them better day-to-day business management.
To-date, Mondu has raised $57 million in financing, with its Series A funding round led by US-based venture capital fund, Valar Ventures. Previous investors Cherry Ventures, FinTech Collective have continued to support Mondu in its Series A.
Mondu has a team of over 100 incredibly talented professionals from diverse backgrounds and with experience from the best companies, in tech and elsewhere.