Mondu's goal is to simplify the financial lives of small to medium sized businesses so that they can focus on their core business. We have the vision to disrupt and become the leader in B2B payments - we are building a Buy Now, Pay Later solution for B2B e-commerce businesses.
After a hugely successful initial funding round, we are looking to grow at a phenomenal pace, and this will not be possible without the right people in the team.
Our Software Engineering Department
Our engineering department comprises several cross-functional teams that own the entire development lifecycle.
We are rapidly building new products and expanding to more markets and are looking for experienced engineering managers who will help us set up new teams and accelerate Mondu's growth.
As an engineering manager, you'll be working closely with the product manager to bring new value to our customers.
You will also collaborate with other engineering managers to drive tech excellence in the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Inspire, lead, and grow a software engineering team
- Perform leadership tasks such as one-on-one meetings, performance reviews, and hiring
- Work closely with the product manager and engineers to define the team's roadmap and break it down into small deliverables
- Identify potential team bottlenecks and work on resolving them swiftly
- Establish engineering best practices and ensure high-quality software development through code review, testing, monitoring, and documentation
- Facilitate system design discussions and contribute to them technically
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- People management experience (mentoring, 1-on-1 meetings, performance reviews, hiring)
- Hands on skills on Ruby or Go
- Cloud providers: AWS is a big plus
- Postgres / SQL
- API design
It would be a plus if you also:
What's in it for you?
- You can accelerate your career and take ownership of your work and development in a flat hierarchy where 360 feedback is encouraged
- Choose to work from home or our office when needed
- 30 vacation days a year
- Extensive visa and relocation package
- You can choose your perks with 40 euros per month to use with Heyday (including mobility, learning, home, gaming, food & drink)
- Laptop and equipment of your choice
- Drinks and snacks in the office (whenever you feel like taking a break from your “home HQ”)