Mondu is a Berlin-based Fintech company in the B2B payments space whose purpose is to simplify the financial lives of SMBs so that they can focus on business. Mondu provides a BNPL solution for B2B, which helps merchants and marketplaces to improve conversion rate and protect themselves against default risk, while alleviating the operational burden of collection and dunning. Business buyers benefit from payment flexibility that improves their cash flow and allows them better day-to-day business management.
To-date, Mondu has raised $57 million in financing, with its Series A funding round led by US-based venture capital fund, Valar Ventures. Previous investors Cherry Ventures, FinTech Collective have continued to support Mondu in its Series A.
Mondu has a team of over 100 incredibly talented professionals from diverse backgrounds and with experience from the best companies, in tech and elsewhere.
Our Commercial Team
Our Commercial Team plays an essential role in bringing Mondu's customer-first philosophy to life. The team's mission is to serve customers and partners through the whole value chain journey - offering the right product portfolio, securing a fast onboarding, and smooth technical integration.
Additionally, our team makes sure that our customers stay satisfied and ensures sustainable cooperation in the long run.
What you’ll do:
A business development manager has an integral role in our sales team, with the focus being on expanding the customer base of one of the most exciting and fastest-growing startups in the global FinTech industry. As a working student in the sales team, you can expect to work together with our business development managers and account executives in the sales team, reporting to the Director of Sales, granting your work extensive visibility.
- Execute thorough customer discovery research and suggest potential leads, B2B merchants.
- Reach out to potential leads and take responsibility for converting new merchants to the Mondu platform.
- Support in execution of our outreach strategy on various channels (e-mailing, phone calls, LinkedIn outreach, etc. pp) and track your approach and success on Salesforce.
- Prequalify the converted leads for product demonstrations.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- You gathered first-hand professional experience through an internship or an entry level role in sales and customer acquisition, ideally in a fast-growing tech startup, e-commerce, or SaaS company.
- You are professionally fluent in both German and English.
- You are very skilled at presenting and pitching over the various media (phone calls, video calls, events).
- You are very confident in working independently and in a team, utilizing all possible channels to stay connected (Google Meets, Slack, etc.).
- You are very communicative, and well-versed in your self expression.
It would be a plus if you also:
- Have an excellent academic record.
- You have a keen interest in fintech and the payments industry.
- You are looking to continue your professional journey in sales.
What's in it for you?
- You can accelerate your career and take ownership of your work and development in a flat hierarchy where 360 feedback is encouraged
- Choose to work from home or our office when needed
- 24 vacation days a year
- You can choose your perks with 40 euros per month to use with Heyday (including mobility, learning, home, gaming, food & drink)
- Laptop and equipment of your choice
- Drinks and snacks in the office (whenever you feel like taking a break from your “home HQ”)
Feels like an exciting challenge for you? Apply now!