Mondu Engineering is the place to learn how to work at scale, solve robust challenges, and create the highest quality code. We're a global team of diverse builders committed to bringing our best selves to work to make a positive impact for our customers.
We put a great deal of focus on our culture, continuous learning, and personal development. Everyone combines passion and imagination with cutting-edge technology to craft the world's top B2B payments platform.
We are looking for a new Senior Fullstack Engineer with experience in Golang or Ruby on Rails who wants to join a growing exciting team to be a crucial part of different Mondu's projects.
👩💻👨💻What you’ll do:
- You will be one of the core employees in a hands-on team that takes pride in high coding standards and modern development practices.
- You’ll be using technologies like Ruby on Rails, React.js, Golang, AWS, serverless and modern databases to build and scale our platform, which is the core of the experience we’re making in the world of B2B payments.
- Develop a product from the ground up and hugely impact the company's success as a whole.
🏅What do you need to succeed in this role?
Please note: Do not be put off from applying because you believe you cannot tick every box. If you think you can help, and you want to join our growing and exciting business please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.
- 2+ years of recent experience working with RoR or Golang
- 6+ years of professional experience as a software engineer.
- Excellent knowledge of software design and scalable architecture.
- A deep understanding of backend production systems.
- Experience building a product end-to-end, through the technical design, coding, testing, and deployment phases.
- Proactive team player, keen on impacting our company, product, and our customers.
It would be a plus if you:
- Have experience working with Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Web development (React.js an advantage)
- Have experience working on payments systems or risk systems.
🙌 Who will you work with?
Kostia joined Mondu in January 2022 as Engineer Director. He started his engineering career as an entrepreneur, creating e-commerce stores for the Ukrainian market. It helped him to develop a customer-centric mindset and learn how to build effective teams. Then he worked as a technical lead in industries such as Gaming, AdTech, and FinTech, where he set up teams from scratch and developed products from ideas to market fit. Before Mondu, Kostia worked on his own B2B FinTech startup in Berlin. With Mondu, he helped to build an engineering department that maintained large-scale systems across five continents and supported organizational growth during multiple financing rounds: from seed until acquisition.
At Mondu, he set up cross-functional, highly-effective tech teams that executed the MVP launch in a 6-month time. Then in a quarter, we adopted our software to be ready for market expansion, entered Austria, and started to offer five smooth ways to integrate with our platform. Kostia enjoys building autonomous teams, expanding their knowledge and expertise so they can own projects of any complexity.
🎁 What's in it for you?
- €1000 per year for you to contribute to your learning & development to help you grow professionally and personally.
- €480 per year for your well-being outside of work for mobility, home, gaming, food & drink
- €300 per year for you to endorse team build, including dinners, games, and events
- 30 vacation days per year
- A flexible visa and relocation package powered by our partner Jobbatical
- Work where you are most efficient, be it at the office or home, as much as you like.
- Take advantage of our Workation policy, allowing for up to 12 weeks every year work outside of Germany (some restrictions apply)
- You can accelerate your career and take ownership of your work and development in a flat hierarchy where 360 feedback is encouraged
🦸Are you a Monduneer in disguise?
Working in a truly diverse group makes us stronger and more resilient. Furthermore, it enables an unfair advantage - the opportunity to learn from each other, see different perspectives, and consider a broader range of variables in our decision-making. That is what being a Monduneer is all about. Thus, regardless of your background, age, disability, gender, parental status, race, religion, sexual orientation, educational background, or any other aspect you feel is a statement of your diversity, we look forward to discussing your role in mind. If you believe you are a Monduneer in disguise, and it's time for you to shine, submit your application, and we'll take it from there.
Mondu is a Berlin-based Fintech company in the B2B payments space whose purpose is to simplify the financial lives of SMBs so that they can focus on business. Mondu provides a BNPL solution for B2B, which helps merchants and marketplaces to improve conversion rate and protect themselves against default risk, while alleviating the operational burden of collection and dunning. Business buyers benefit from payment flexibility that improves their cash flow and allows them better day-to-day business management.
To-date, Mondu has raised $57 million in financing, with its Series A funding round led by US-based venture capital fund, Valar Ventures. Previous investors Cherry Ventures, FinTech Collective have continued to support Mondu in its Series A.
Mondu has a team of over 100 incredibly talented professionals from diverse backgrounds and with experience from the best companies, in tech and elsewhere.