Who we are
Moniepoint is a financial technology company digitising Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
Engineering at Moniepoint is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Our infrastructure runs on some of the cool tools that excite infrastructure engineers - kubernetes, docker etc.
We also make business decisions based on the large stream of data we receive daily, so we work daily with big data, perform data analytics and build models to make sense of the noise and give our customers the best experience.
If this excites you, it excites us too and we would love to have you.
About the role
Location: Remote (Full time)
What you’ll get to do
- Translates product requirements into architectural documents and diagrams
- Maintains architectural documents and ensures it is always updated to reflect the current state of the application.
- Makes architectural decisions with respect to any feature that’s to be added to an application
- Ensures that the architectural direction of an application is in line with the strategic direction of the product.
- Performs code reviews and ensures efficient code engineering
- Ensures applications are implemented using software engineering best practices
- Responsible for the stability and reliability of products under his/her purview
- Creates and enforces processes that improves developer efficiency and productivity
- Participates in the screening of engineers for hire
- Provides mentorship for young engineers.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- At least 5 years proven experience as a Software Architect or Lead Software Engineer
- Experience in software development and coding in Java Programming Language
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Minimum of post secondary school qualification/diploma
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with
- Java (latest versions)
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Docker and Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elastic search
- Microservices architecture on AWS
What we can offer you
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning - We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A take-home coding exercise.
- A technical panel interview session with the Engineering Team
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
Moniepoint is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.