Who we are
Moniepoint is a financial technology company digitising Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
Engineering at Moniepoint is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Our infrastructure runs on some of the cool tools that excite infrastructure engineers - kubernetes, docker etc.
We also make business decisions based on the large stream of data we receive daily, so we work daily with big data, perform data analytics and build models to make sense of the noise and give our customers the best experience.
If this excites you, it excites us too and we would love to have you.
About the role
We are looking for an Application Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our production applications and services. You will be responsible for the stability, integrity, and operation of our production applications by supporting, monitoring and driving optimizations while also providing root cause analysis with recommendations for improvements.
You will research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues in an accurate and timely manner.
What you’ll get to do
- Provide tier two application support to production systems and identify any issue in production.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to fix bugs.
- Participate in regular rotations for weekday and weekend on-call coverage, providing emergency support to customers, or working with the SRE team to coordinate incident communications.
- Monitor performance metrics for various production systems, identify root cause for all technical issues and work with the engineering team to resolve them.
- Manage team ticket queue and resolve in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain accurate technical, software operations and support related documentation.
- Work with software vendors to have application issues fixed, both short term and long term (root cause).
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role.
- Minimum of 3 years experience supporting software applications.
- BSc degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience in a support or other service-oriented customer facing role.
- Experience in managing cases throughout the entire support lifecycle from initial customer inquiry to triage and reproduction, writing bug reports for hand off to the development team, and case resolution.
- Experience being on-call and can jump into a complex situation and make sense of and communicate clearly to stakeholders what's going on.
- Basic Understanding of OOP concepts and other programming concepts.
- In depth knowledge of SQL databases particularly MYSQL.
- Familiarity with basic network concepts and tools.
- Experience troubleshooting using stack traces and log file.
- Familiarity with Git and continuous integration, delivery, and deployment principles
- Experience interacting with APIs and troubleshooting related requests.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments.
What we can offer you
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning - We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A technical interview with the Hiring Manager
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile via our career website.
Moniepoint is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.