Who we are
Moniepoint is a financial technology company digitizing Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
At Moniepoint, we are a customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. We have several products that provide essential services for businesses such as payment, credit, overdrafts etc. We leverage artificial intelligence and data to make our decisions but also have the technology and data-driven best practices used to support our businesses.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Auditor that will support Moniepoint and play a key role in evaluating and assessing our technology and infrastructure to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards, identify risks and provide recommendations for improvement. The role would entail working with relevant internal stakeholders across the Finance, Operation, Product, Engineering, Risk & Compliance, Legal teams amongst others.
As an IT Auditor, you would:
- Work with Audit Lead to plan internal audits.
- Attend meetings, interview staff to gather audit evidence, documents and information.
- Analyze data to identify financial reporting errors, fraud, and operational risks.
- Observe and examine business procedures including stock, accounts, financial records, and perform financial and operational audits with the guidance of Audit Lead.
- Evaluate compliance with company policies, procedures and external regulations. Provide assurance on adequacy of security and controls to support business.
- Review internal control policies/procedures to ensure adequate coverage.
- Assess existing risk management processes and accurately record results.
- Recommend appropriate mitigating controls for identified security/control risks and follow-up with responsible teams to treat the risks.
- Recommend improvements and updates to policies and procedures where required.
- Perform risk-based reviews of IT systems with the guidance of Audit Lead.
- Promptly identify and report IT process/operational lapses, investigate IT incidents and detect operational/ fraud/ business losses.
- Participate in IT Projects and product development with the aim of identifying risks and recommending appropriate controls.
- Follow-up responsible teams to implement the recommendations of internal auditors, external auditors, consultants, and security analysts.
- Review system deployments to ascertain that security and controls were incorporated, including validating the compliance of development teams to organization’s software development policies & procedures
- Review IT operations controls, staffing, training requirements, conditions of service and adequate segregation of duties.
- Deliver on other assignments delegated by the supervisor.
- Good first degree in accounting, business administration, information technology or related fields. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ internal audit, internal control, IT Audit or IT Control experience in a financial institution.
- Possession of one or more of ACA, ACCA, CIA, CISA or CISM is an advantage.
- Well-organized, good attention to details and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent numerical, analytic, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Sound judgment and high level of objectivity.
- Strong understanding of the payments technology industry
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively to identify new ways to approach common risk and data security problems.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn the business needs, processes, software, and systems.
- Ability to multi-task and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent written, verbal communications skills and the ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations.
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A technical panel interview with Department Leads
- A behavioral and technical interview with a member of the Executive team
- All interviews stages are Virtual