Who we are
Moniepoint is a financial technology company digitizing Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
At Moniepoint we are a customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. We have several products that provide essential services for businesses such as payment, credit, overdrafts etc. We leverage artificial intelligence and data to make our decisions but also have the technology and data-driven best practices used to support our businesses.
About the role
Location: Remote (Fulltime)
What you’ll get to do
- Serve as the primary Compliance representative for Product development and enhancement to ensure Compliance-related risks of product changes are understood by all relevant stakeholders and addressed appropriately.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of products and services within the payments industry and understand the compliance risks (i.e., operational, financial crime, sanctions, fraud, data privacy, consumer protection risks) of those products and services.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the length and breadth of Moniepoint’s products and services.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Compliance requirements and translate and describe those requirements to Product personnel.
- Facilitate the design, update and implementation of product risk assessments including compliance certificates for all products across Moniepoint.
- Drive Compliance involvement in early stages of product ideation, development, or changes. Recommend strategies to enhance collaboration.
- Recommend potential Compliance controls to the Compliance Business Partner based on industry knowledge and knowledge of capabilities of the Product team.
- Develop actionable product requirements documents for compliance.
- Understand Product challenges to implementation of compliance solutions and escalate/report risks, issues, and impact through Compliance.
- Provide reasonable challenge to proposed implementation plans, as appropriate.
- Assist in determining the reasonability, viability, or effectiveness of proposed compliance controls.
- Maintain documentation of stakeholder approvals
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as Audit, Legal and Operations to identify when technology changes have downstream impacts to other units.
- This role will also communicate directly with the relevant SVPs to determine impact to compliance systems.
- Conduct quarterly training sessions for product teams on compliance issues
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Business Management, Commerce, Commerce in Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the payment industry or banking.
- Specific experience with compliance requirements and either liaising with Product, or direct experience in product development, preferred.
- Experience with writing actionable product requirements documents is a must.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to drive projects and implementations to completion.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate non-technical requirements into technical language and vice-versa, and communicate to the appropriate audience, required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests based on sound analysis of business need.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to work effectively and drive results in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with an array of compliance-related systems, such as transaction monitoring, case management, or verification systems a must.