As one of the core members of the Underwriting team, you will leverage our innovative underwriting methods and technologies for the credit assessment of Moss' business customers. You will also contribute to establishing scalable underwriting structures and identifying both internal & 3rd party sources for assessing risk. This role will be a great chance for you to test and innovate new ways of performing credit assessment, whilst you'll be the one committing to the credit decision. If you are looking for a role where you can implement previous experiences and gain new expertise in assessing credit risk, collaborate with different business stakeholders, and build processes from scratch, we have something for you!
What you will do:
- Review a multi-source feed of financial data to underwrite businesses requesting Moss' corporate credit card product.
- Devise and execute risk mitigation plans and perform investigation(s) for alerts generated from our platform.
- Monitor customer credit, fraud, and chargeback trends to detect anomalies and risk management levers.
- Continuously contribute to the development of action plans to address issue cases as they arise.
- Interact with internal stakeholders as well as key partners to nurture the success of our customers
What you bring to the table:
- 2 years+ of professional experience in underwriting and/or commercial lending.
- Knowledge in evaluating credit risk based on 3rd party data, credit reports, financial statements, and other unique customer attributes.
- Prior working experience at a fintech, payments, lending, banking, or financial institution, preferred.
- The ability to read and understand financial documentation in German is required
- Fluency in Excel, SQL is nice to have